what's the recommended range for AIO coolant temps?

Stiffishtwo

I have a ryzen 5600x, and a corsair h100i platinum se mounted to the top of my lian li PC o11 blowing air out the case. The problem that I have is that, since the cooler is blowing air from inside the case out. My coolant temp gets to levels that cause the default fan curve to literally max out. With my 3080 blowing hot ass air into the case, my cooler has to blow that hot air through the rad and that causes my coolant to hit temps around 36c-38c at a 2300RPM fan speed, at that point my PC is an actual jet plane. I adjusted my fan curve so that its not a jet plane, but now my coolant temps are at 44c-46c. Is that safe for long term usage? I don't really have a choice other than remounting my cooler so that its intake instead. But from what I've seen most people have their CPU coolers set up this way and I don't see anyone else complaining about this either.

I would try to keep that coolant as cool as possible. Not just for the sake of keeping the CPU cool, but to keep the coolant in the unit. Permeation is real, and this will not help.. I would draw outside air through the rad.. but I always go against what is considered normal.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN8501TB, SN850X2TB
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14, TL-D14X

2 minutes ago, freeagent said:

I would draw outside air through the rad.. but I always go against what is considered normal.

This is basically the norm of good water cooling. So far from against normal :p.

9 minutes ago, jaslion said:

This is basically the norm of good water cooling. So far from against normal :p.

Using fresh air makes a lot of sense, but I still don't understand the fact that from what I've seen most people have their Rads set up the same way I do but no one else seems  to complain about the problem that Im getting.

9 minutes ago, Stiffishtwo said:

Using fresh air makes a lot of sense, but I still don't understand the fact that from what I've seen most people have their Rads set up the same way I do but no one else seems  to complain about the problem that Im getting.

What case do you have?

What are the temps of the cpu and gpu?

Is your pump set to spin at max or near max speed?

Might just be a little tweaking is needed for temps to calm down or you just have a bad airflow case.

8 minutes ago, jaslion said:

What case do you have?

What are the temps of the cpu and gpu?

Is your pump set to spin at max or near max speed?

Might just be a little tweaking is needed for temps to calm down or you just have a bad airflow case.

1. Lian Li PC-O11 all 9 fans installed, top 3 are exhaust, and the rest are intake

2. My CPU temps are in the low 70s which is fine, im just worried about my coolant temps. And my gpu gets to like 72-74c

3. my pump is at its default curve, setting it to max barley reduces the coolant temp from like 45c to 44.3c

37 minutes ago, Stiffishtwo said:

I have a ryzen 5600x, and a corsair h100i platinum se mounted to the top of my lian li PC o11 blowing air out the case.

I smell horribly imbalanced rainbow puke disco ball build

You better overclock that cpu hard or that aio is gonna be useless xD

22 minutes ago, Stiffishtwo said:

but I still don't understand the fact that from what I've seen most people have their Rads set up the same way I do but no one else seems  to complain about the problem that Im getting

Ive heard that your config is ideal cause hot air naturally goes up or something, though cant confirm

If no ones complaining then i guess its normal

¯\_ (ツ) _/¯ 

27 minutes ago, Stiffishtwo said:

I do but no one else seems  to complain about the problem that Im getting.

They aren’t being honest with themselves 🤭

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN8501TB, SN850X2TB
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14, TL-D14X

53 minutes ago, Stiffishtwo said:

1. Lian Li PC-O11 all 9 fans installed, top 3 are exhaust, and the rest are intake

2. My CPU temps are in the low 70s which is fine, im just worried about my coolant temps. And my gpu gets to like 72-74c

3. my pump is at its default curve, setting it to max barley reduces the coolant temp from like 45c to 44.3c

Oh then I think you'll just need to adjust the fan curves a bit as these are good temps probably just a wonky fan curve for the case and aio fans.

10 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Oh then I think you'll just need to adjust the fan curves a bit as these are good temps probably just a wonky fan curve for the case and aio fans.

I have adjusted fan curves but now my coolant temps are at 44C-46C, and i need to know if that temp is safe or not

2 minutes ago, Stiffishtwo said:

I have adjusted fan curves but now my coolant temps are at 44C-46C, and i need to know if that temp is safe or not

Yeah sure why not? 100c is boiling temps so under that is totally fine.