Worth upgrading my motherboard?

Go to solution Solved by atrash,

Since you already have the cpu,why not? We dont even know when the new haswell-e is going to be available and what feature will it have. Just get any decently cheap Z77 motherboard that has all the feature you need. No need to go all fancy Gaymin Motherboard stuff and waste money.

Two years ago I had very small idea about computer parts. I got a PC off ebay with a 3770k with a crappy motherboard that I can't OC with. Two years later I am thinking about upgrading my motherboard to a Z77 ASrock Extreme 4 (its on amazon for £78, $129, 94). I wanted to know if it is worth the upgrade so I can OC, SLI, SATA3 6.0 Gb/s for my SSD and other stuff or should I wait till haswell - e? but I think the 3770k can last me 2-3 more years in the gaming world.

My current motherboard is a ASUS P8H61-MX

if that means that you are going to utilize the features that come with the new motherboard, then yes, sure.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

what is your current motherboard? 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

what is your current motherboard? 

Oh crap forgot to say. It's a Asus P8H61-MX.

Oh crap forgot to say. It's a Asus P8H61-MX.

mmm yea in that case its defiantly worth switching and anther pricier board but still good quality just as another option 

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-motherboard-gaz77xud3h

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

mmm yea in that case its defiantly worth switching and anther pricier board but still good quality just as another option 

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-motherboard-gaz77xud3h

Alright thanks. I would have gone with the UD3H it's just that I am on a tight budget and the extreme 4 looks like a good deal with the features I want.

Since you already have the cpu,why not? We dont even know when the new haswell-e is going to be available and what feature will it have. Just get any decently cheap Z77 motherboard that has all the feature you need. No need to go all fancy Gaymin Motherboard stuff and waste money.