Smartphone recommendation for 500€?

Nvidix

Hello,

I am looking for a budget Smartphone that costs up to 500€ in Germany.

I was thinking about the Google Pixel 4a 5G but I don't want to deal with the potential screen burn-in on an OLED Display.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. 

The cheaper Pixel phones are really great budget options. The clean software with guaranteed updates will keep the phone snappy and secure for a good few years after purchase. I wouldn't worry about burn-in too much, you need really some really bright images on the display for longer periods of time to see permanent damage. The only case of this I ever saw was the pixel 2 i believe, where it's android navigation buttons burned in after a few years. I used the pixel 2 xl, 3a and 4a and none of them had this issue. 

On 7/17/2021 at 6:03 PM, Konrad_K said:

The cheaper Pixel phones are really great budget options. The clean software with guaranteed updates will keep the phone snappy and secure for a good few years after purchase. I wouldn't worry about burn-in too much, you need really some really bright images on the display for longer periods of time to see permanent damage. The only case of this I ever saw was the pixel 2 i believe, where it's android navigation buttons burned in after a few years. I used the pixel 2 xl, 3a and 4a and none of them had this issue. 

I play UNO on the Smartphone when I'm bored so I really don't want to risk having the cards burn in on the Display that's why I'm more interested in a LCD or another Display that doesn't have the burn-in risk.

On 7/17/2021 at 4:35 PM, Nvidix said:

I don't want to deal with the potential screen burn-in on an OLED Display.

Modern phones have methods to mitigate the risk of burn in. As long as you don't have the screen at max brightness for hours at a time, you should be fine