Will the monitor be able to connect to speakers?

lior1111
Go to solution Solved by cacoe,

It'll provide audio just fine via 3.5mm jack to those speakers.

Hi , Im trying to help a friend pick the right monitor for him , we settled on LG 32GK850G 
thing is , it is intended to be used with a ps4 pro and some good speakers. how can i know if the exact monitor will be able to be connected to speakers? it says theres headphone jack , does it mean it will be able to be connected to a pair of speakers? will really appreciate help with that. and if it is not possible to have a setup like that i would love to find out about a solution.

thank you.

2 minutes ago, lior1111 said:

Hi , Im trying to help a friend pick the right monitor for him , we settled on LG 32GK850G 
thing is , it is intended to be used with a ps4 pro and some good speakers. how can i know if the exact monitor will be able to be connected to speakers? it says theres headphone jack , does it mean it will be able to be connected to a pair of speakers? will really appreciate help with that. and if it is not possible to have a setup like that i would love to find out about a solution.

thank you.

Normally, the monitor won't connect to the speakers. you'll need to connect speaker to the pc with either the jack of a usb cable.

Spoiler

CPU Ryzen 5900X - Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX X570-E - RAM 16GB of G.SKILL NEON 3600 -
GPU EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 - Case Mastercase H500p mesh - PSU Seasonic Focus Gx-850 -
Corsair MP600 NVME 1 Tb, Samsung 960 PRO 500 Gb & 2 Seagate Baracuda 7200 RPM 2TB in stripe -
Display two VG27AQ 2K monitor - Cooling Corsair H150 Pro - 

Keyboard G-910 W/ Romer G tactile - Mouse G 502 Hero (wired) -
Sound Logitech X-530 and Razer Tiamat headphones

Operating System Windows 10

1 minute ago, Quickstrike said:

Normally, the monitor won't connect to the speakers. you'll need to connect speaker to the pc with either the jack of a usb cable.

then how can I get speakers connected to the ps4? would you be able to help me figure out if this exact monitor will be able to be used with a ps4 pro together with speakers?

Just now, lior1111 said:

then how can I get speakers connected to the ps4? would you be able to help me figure out if this exact monitor will be able to be used with a ps4 pro together with speakers?

The HDMI cable carries the sound over, there might be a port on the monitor directly but you need to check to for that, it's not a given on monitors. Personally my TV has a jack out that goes in the sound system but my monitors don't have that.

Spoiler

CPU Ryzen 5900X - Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX X570-E - RAM 16GB of G.SKILL NEON 3600 -
GPU EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 - Case Mastercase H500p mesh - PSU Seasonic Focus Gx-850 -
Corsair MP600 NVME 1 Tb, Samsung 960 PRO 500 Gb & 2 Seagate Baracuda 7200 RPM 2TB in stripe -

5 minutes ago, Quickstrike said:

The HDMI cable carries the sound over, there might be a port on the monitor directly but you need to check to for that, it's not a given on monitors. Personally my TV has a jack out that goes in the sound system but my monitors don't have that.

thing is , this monitor has no speaker =/

If you got good speakers, serve them right and buy a good AMP.
Put HDMI from PS4 into amp, it will take out the sound and pass picture trough to the monitor/TV you connect to the AMP's HDMI out.

Thats the best option.

As for the headphone out. Im sorry but there are so many differences, you best of trying it out if you can.
As for HDMI sound is digital, and the monitor would need to have a DAC to translate that to analogue audio.
So besides it being not possible at all, you are also dependent on the monitors DAC, which most likely is done on a BUDGET (That means as cheap as possible).

So if you care even a little bit about sound quality, thats not the way to go. 😉

=======edit====

2 minutes ago, lior1111 said:

If the monitor doesnt even have speakers, the chances it has a DAC is even slimmer. 😉

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

Am I missing something here? If the monitor has a 3.5mm audio jack, it will support HDMI audio passthrough. When you switch HDMI input, that device will output via the 3.5mm jack. There are tons of devices on amazon that will allow you to convert that jack to any output you want. 

Case - Phanteks Evolv X | PSU - EVGA 650w Gold Rated | Mobo - ASUS Strix x570-f | CPU - AMD r9 3900x | RAM - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz @ 3600mhz | GPU - EVGA nVidia 2080s 8GB  | OS Drive - Sabrent 256GB Rocket NVMe PCI Gen 4 | Game Drive - WD 1tb NVMe Gen 3  |  Storage - 7TB formatted
Cooled by a crap load of Noctua fans and Corsair H150i RGB Pro XT

1 minute ago, cacoe said:

Am I missing something here? If the monitor has a 3.5mm audio jack, it will support HDMI audio passthrough. When you switch HDMI input, that device will output via the 3.5mm jack. There are tons of devices on amazon that will allow you to convert that jack to any output you want. 

so i just connect the speakers to the 3.5mm headphone jack even if it is intended for headphones and it will work? of course when connecting the ps4 pro to the hdmi jack

1 minute ago, lior1111 said:

so i just connect the speakers to the 3.5mm headphone jack even if it is intended for headphones and it will work? of course when connecting the ps4 pro to the hdmi jack

It will work, what speakers do you have?

Case - Phanteks Evolv X | PSU - EVGA 650w Gold Rated | Mobo - ASUS Strix x570-f | CPU - AMD r9 3900x | RAM - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz @ 3600mhz | GPU - EVGA nVidia 2080s 8GB  | OS Drive - Sabrent 256GB Rocket NVMe PCI Gen 4 | Game Drive - WD 1tb NVMe Gen 3  |  Storage - 7TB formatted

36 minutes ago, lior1111 said:

That has no bearing on whether or not you can plug speakers in it.

It's the monitor IO you want to check.

And yes it does have speakers... look for yourself bottom right of the screen capimage.thumb.png.c8c959ccb749b4203c2f6024ee22ec4f.png
https://monitors.io/monitor/1441/lg-32gk850g/specifications

1 minute ago, lior1111 said:

A speaker is a speaker, wether it's a small driver on your hear or a huge box with multiples drivers

Spoiler

It'll provide audio just fine via 3.5mm jack to those speakers.

Just now, cacoe said:

It'll power those bose speakers just fine via 3.5mm jack.

aight , thank you so much!