Typing experience difference on low profile and high profile keyboards, need some help in buying one

I want to buy a mechanical keyboard and I came across the low profile mechanical switches. I have tried the normal mechanical switches in near by stores, but could not get my hands on a low profile mechanical keyboard. Could someone tell me the difference in typing experience between a Low profile and a regular mechanical keyboard? My only requirement is a great typing experience, whether it is a low profile or a normal keyboard.

3 minutes ago, Suryakod said:

I want to buy a mechanical keyboard and I came across the low profile mechanical switches. I have tried the normal mechanical switches in near by stores, but could not get my hands on a low profile mechanical keyboard. Could someone tell me the difference in typing experience between a Low profile and a regular mechanical keyboard? My only requirement is a great typing experience, whether it is a low profile or a normal keyboard.

"great typing experience" is pretty subjective. 

with tall key caps i tend to fat finger more often than i do with low profile or membrane keyboards. your mileage may vary. 

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

4 minutes ago, VioDuskar said:

"great typing experience" is pretty subjective. 

with tall key caps i tend to fat finger more often than i do with low profile or membrane keyboards. your mileage may vary. 

By great typing experience I mean the keystrokes must be good unlike the laptop keyboards. I have read that the low profile switches are very similar to laptop keyboards and so do not give the experience of a mechanical keyboard

Just now, Suryakod said:

By great typing experience I mean the keystrokes must be good unlike the laptop keyboards. I have read that the low profile switches are very similar to laptop keyboards and so do not give the experience of a mechanical keyboard

So, I need someone to tell me the exact difference that one can feel while typing on both regular and low profile mechanical keyboards. I do a lot of coding and report writing. Gaming once in a full moon perod.

1 minute ago, Suryakod said:

very similar in terms of depress length, maybe. in terms of spongey feeling, no.

no mechanical board regardless of height, could possibly be as spongey as laptop membranes. 

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

What is the difference between tactile response for brown switches and blue switches? for example the Gateron or any other switch type

9 minutes ago, Suryakod said:

What is the difference between tactile response for brown switches and blue switches? for example the Gateron or any other switch type

are you looking to know at what depth the switch gives tactile feedback? in the form of resistance, pass-bump, or bottoming out?  
what do YOU like to feel most? 

laptops, for example, are all bottom-out, with no good resistance or pass-bump. (pass bump is what I call it when a key gives you that affirmative feedback that it's pressed, without being totally bottomed out.)

2 hours ago, VioDuskar said:

are you looking to know at what depth the switch gives tactile feedback? in the form of resistance, pass-bump, or bottoming out?  
what do YOU like to feel most? 

laptops, for example, are all bottom-out, with no good resistance or pass-bump. (pass bump is what I call it when a key gives you that affirmative feedback that it's pressed, without being totally bottomed out.)

can you tell me which one do you prefer as a keyboard, the low profile one or the the regular one?
Also does the low profile keyboard offer decent resistance and a good pass-bump? 

Can you tell me the experience of using both regular and low profile keyboard?