Project Storm Trooper

Lethal Squirrel

@Lethal Squirrel

Hey there, first off great build, looks really smart and I love the black and white colour scheme.

I was wondering how you managed to squeeze the H100 into the define R4 with such large Mosphet/VRM Heat-sinks on your motherboard. I ask because I am planning a build somewhat similar to yours in the Define R4, with a H100i and an MSI GD65, which has heat sinks similar in height to that of yours. Did you have to offset the mounting holes, if so by how much and could you possibly take a few more images of radiator placement for me. 

Sorry to bother you just lots of reviews say that a h100 will not fit in a Define R4, considering you got it in with such tall heat-sinks, this must be bull, just curious as to your method.

Thanks.

EDIT: My planning log = http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/25974-new-build-planning/

I had no problems at all fitting the H100 into the R4. there is tons of room to spare too. I don't know where you heard there were problems with fitting, but I assure your, this case was almost MADE for coolers like this : )

Thanks for the awesome compliments btw, and sorry for taking so long to get back with you. 

woo that's pretty awesome , i also like what u did to the H100

6600K  |  16GB HYPERX  |  GTX1070 FE  |  Z170X-UD3  |  AIR540

Respect the past, Embrace the future.

The name matches the build.

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

• 1 month later...

Very nice build I have never seen someone put tubing on a H100 Im gonna have to put that into use ;) nice job man

Looks awesome! I love it!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

That white backplate looks really clean! Nice job overall! :D

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |