Project Storm Trooper

Lethal Squirrel

Brilliant job! Nothing to extravagant, and you've made it look extremely clean.

I'm jelly :D

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

That tube wrap job looks amazing :)

I made it on the live stream, holy crap! :'D

such a surreal feeling. really honored!  ^_^

Nice build man congrats on making onto Linus livstream build log.

Cool rig! A feast for the eyes! :D

Beautiful build! love what you did with the H100!

Very nice!

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

Hi,

I am looking into buying a Fractal Design R4 + MSI Z77A-GD55 + 3570k + Corsair H100i.

How hard is it to mount the radiator?

I am asking because of the limited space in the top of the case and because of the heatsink right above the cpu socket on the motherboard.

It would be awesome if you could post a picture from the top of the case, so I can see which holes you used to mount the radiator and also how much space there is between the top mainboard heatsink, radiator and RAM slots.

nice build and really nice h100 mod, wouldn't never came up with this idea :)

This is totally awesome!!!

System Specs: CPU: AMD Athlon X2 II 3.21 GHz Memory: 2GB DDR2 800MHZ Hard Drive: 2x 80GB 7200RPM JBOD Graphics Card: Hopefully ATi Radeon HD 5750

What's the diameter of the white tubing you put over the H100's tubing? I'm doing a build soon and putting 2 black lights in it, trying to get the most white in it to make it very nice.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

What's the diameter of the white tubing you put over the H100's tubing? I'm doing a build soon and putting 2 black lights in it, trying to get the most white in it to make it very nice.

Also the length of the tubing, and where you got it!

I really, really want to do this.

I've always been curious why no one ever removes the HDD Slider under the Drive bays? Is it not just a couple screws?

Also the length of the tubing, and where you got it!

I really, really want to do this.

I suspect you should buy 3 feet of tubing, because the tubing on corsair water coolers is between 11 and 12 inches as stated on their website.  They do not however show an external or internal diameter which is irritating... Hopefully we'll get some feed back from the original poster of this beautiful machine.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

I had a mate measure his H100i tubing thickness, he said it's 1/4 inch external, but on the newer model corsair coolers, such as the H110, it's 3/8 inch external.  So any tubing with 1/4 inch ID for the older models and 3/8 ID for the newer models should be good, I also suggested 3 feet, since it's only about $2.50 per foot of nice tubing, I would go with Primochill Primoflex tubing with 5/8 inch OD.

So clean ! Good job :)

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

The lighting  :wub:  and that backplate! 

• Sabertooth Z77
  • Intel i7 3770k
  • EVGA FTW GTX 670
  • 16 GB Corsair Dominator 1600MHz RAM
  • 1TB WD Black HDD
  • 250gb Intel 520 Series SSD
  • Corsair AX750 PSU

The force is strong in this one.

Fractal Design Define R4 | Intel i7-4770K | Corsair H80i | Corsair SP120 PWM | MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro | MSI GTX770 GAMING | Samsung 840EVO 120GB | 2x WD Red 2TB | Corsair AX760 | Windows 8 Pro

Incredible build!

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R (Rev. 2.0)    Micron C400 256GB SSD     MSI GTX 660 Ti PE OC     Logitech G510

Intel i7 960 @ 4.125GHz                        WD Black 1TB                         Windows 7 Pro 64bit        Logitech G9x

Kingston HyperX 6GB                             Corsair TX850M                     Corsair H50                        Logitech z906

I like the STX you threw in there.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

I'm doing the reverse of this one, i'm doing a Darth Vader Project using my NZXT Phantom xD

|CPU : Core i7 4770 (non-K :( ) | GPU : XFX RX 480 GTR 8GB @ 1385Mhz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 | PSU: XFX 850W PRO | Case: In-Progress Silverstone TJ-07 |

Zenfone 2 ZE551ml 32GB + 64GB SD - Rooted LineageOS |

• 1 month later...

@Lethal Squirrel

Hey there, first off great build, looks really smart and I love the black and white colour scheme.

I was wondering how you managed to squeeze the H100 into the define R4 with such large Mosphet/VRM Heat-sinks on your motherboard. I ask because I am planning a build somewhat similar to yours in the Define R4, with a H100i and an MSI GD65, which has heat sinks similar in height to that of yours. Did you have to offset the mounting holes, if so by how much and could you possibly take a few more images of radiator placement for me. 

Sorry to bother you just lots of reviews say that a h100 will not fit in a Define R4, considering you got it in with such tall heat-sinks, this must be bull, just curious as to your method.

Thanks.

EDIT: My planning log = http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/25974-new-build-planning/

Fractal Design Define R4 | Intel i7-4770K | Corsair H80i | Corsair SP120 PWM | MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro | MSI GTX770 GAMING | Samsung 840EVO 120GB | 2x WD Red 2TB | Corsair AX760 | Windows 8 Pro

Nice! The tubing turned out pretty good. Perfect specs for gaming as well.