Why is the EVGA GT psu grayed out in the psu tier list?

Blype
Go to solution Solved by Blype,

Late update for anyone who finds this thread in the future:

Juular bought this psu and took it apart and said that "it would be moved to tier B low priority in the next revision."

Post where he said it: 

Post where he took it apart: 

I saw an EVGA Supernova 650 GT on Amazon for $50, and it looks too good to be true. People seem generally pretty okay with this power supply, but I wanted to ask here just in case because “EoL/obsolete and/or generally not recommended for purchase” kinda scares me. I did a shallow search in the spreadsheet, but didn’t find anything on the GT.

Oddly, the spreadsheet lists the EVGA G3 in the “grey out notes” section, but the G3 isn’t grayed out on the psu tier list. 

It's an error. Also, It would be moved to the normal priority subtier in the next revision. For 50$ it's definitely a steal.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

25 minutes ago, Juular said:

It's an error. Also, It would be moved to the normal priority subtier in the next revision. For 50$ it's definitely a steal.

Thank you so much for the clarification! It comes with a 7 year warranty too. This looks like one of the best power supply deals I’ve seen 

3 hours ago, OK01 said:

I saw an EVGA Supernova 650 GT on Amazon for $50, and it looks too good to be true.

Yep.  It is.  Better than the GA and GQ for sure (in my own testing).  Get them while they're still available.

2 hours ago, OK01 said:

Thank you so much for the clarification! It comes with a 7 year warranty too. This looks like one of the best power supply deals I’ve seen 

Assuming EVGA is still around in 7 years.  Nobody can seem to figure out how EVGA can give away PSUs for under cost, but it can't be a sustainable business model.

• 3 weeks later...

Late update for anyone who finds this thread in the future:

Juular bought this psu and took it apart and said that "it would be moved to tier B low priority in the next revision."

Post where he said it: 

Post where he took it apart: