The only Graphics Card in town

MrWarren

Went to best buy and went and looked at their "graphics card" the other day.
Literally wedged between the wall and a 450$ Asus motherboard. it was a Zotac GT 710 for 75$ (cad)

Is there any hope left? I'm seriously getting bummed out. I just wanted to finished my PC and I can't even find a video card. let alone one that actually fits my Cougar QBX.

Well at least here in Germany you can easily get cards. However they are still ridiculously priced even at large retailers. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

I got a GT 1030 I can sell you for....lessee now, doing conversion from real money to pretend money (I kid! I kid! I love Canada, been many times) would be...

700$ CAD!

Super cheap! 🤪

(plus shipping of course)

Personally, patience is the key, if you are in a rush, you get ripped off. Wait, and things will return to sanity, it might take a year, but they will return.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

3 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

I got a GT 1030 I can sell you for....lessee now, doing conversion from real money to pretend money

100% truth xD I remember using prepaid visa cards on steam and watched as that 1cent ever so fiendishly grew to 10, then 20cents difference per dollar. fast forward from 2012 to 2016-2017, it was 1.44 average, we finally hit as low as 1.20 per USD within the last month or so (Y M D: 2021-07-08)

3 hours ago, FloRolf said:

Well at least here in Germany you can easily get cards. However they are still ridiculously priced even at large retailers. 

I checked out a quick search found a 3060 Ti, that when compared to cad, was about $870 give or take.
Unfortunately it had no stock, but if it was instock, far better than scalpers. But with the duties, shipping and etc, might as well get a scalped 2080/70 I suppose.

3 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

I mean this has been sorta the case for awhile. It's either that or buy gpu at scalpers pricing

Yeah, Originally I knew the prices were bad back in december, but I never expected it to get so bad when I sold my GTX 980 Ti (strixx) for $380cad, when going rate at this point is an easy $700-$800. Plus to add salted-lemons to the wound, the bad prices ended up becoming even higher, which made that $380 hardly an excusable off-set to the scalped pricing. This lead to me finding out just how bad /all/ cards ended up being, can't even "cheap out" and buy a 20 series or a 10 series lol. Guess you could call the 2021 the "seller's market of video cards".

Plus right now, I think even if I got a video card, I just don't have it in me. It wont do me any real justice, I might as well build myself, than build my computer. So I'm taking initiative and buying a cheap yet suitable vehicle, and hitting the gym. Who knows maybe I'll meet a gamer at the gym who don't care about the money and feels my pain and throws me a nice card. Weirder things have happened, right? haha.

One thing I was curious about is if anyone has ever considered making a price comparison chart that's regularly updated. Not for stocks, good luck on that one. But for the price rates of MSRP, Median Shelf price (a middled price of retailers and on the shelf price ranges), scalper prices and finally the Last resort suggested price(LRSP), where a suggested "high-min and Low-max" price is suggested, basically if you can't get your MSRP 3060 for 500$, or marked up at $650 off the shelf, a high scalp price of $2500, a suggested Low-Max is no higher than 1500$, where as your High-minimum could be 1250. (in assumption to the price being unable to go any lower, accept it as a steal and get it, sort of mindset).
I tried my best to make that legible.

24 minutes ago, MrWarren said:

One thing I was curious about is if anyone has ever considered making a price comparison chart that's regularly updated. Not for stocks, good luck on that one. But for the price rates of MSRP, Median Shelf price (a middled price of retailers and on the shelf price ranges), scalper prices and finally the Last resort suggested price(LRSP), where a suggested "high-min and Low-max" price is suggested, basically if you can't get your MSRP 3060 for 500$, or marked up at $650 off the shelf, a high scalp price of $2500, a suggested Low-Max is no higher than 1500$, where as your High-minimum could be 1250. (in assumption to the price being unable to go any lower, accept it as a steal and get it, sort of mindset).

Too much work, it'd be out of date within a week

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

57 minutes ago, Djrmml said:

Question on that. Where would the be listed do you think? Aliexpress / Alibaba? I get those 2 confused.
Cause I mean if I get something  they wanna just sell quickly, for a reasonable value... I'd definitely like to look into it.
especially if I can get something that was purchased "recently" I can utilize a return for a new in box replacement for "functionality concerns"