TPM 2.0 PCIE?

eric1830

I'm assuming you are talking about wanting to upgrade to Windows 11.

What are the rest of your system specs, because a TPM is only one aspect of the system requirements

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

im assuming the only other thing you need is my motherboard asus p8p67 deluxe (i think)

I doubt that would work. 

Even if you do get a TPM module on some card, keep in mind that Microsoft as of right now says you need at least a 6th generation Intel CPU if my memory is correct. 

If he's using a 3770k he's not getting Windows 11, TPM or not. 

-> Moved to Windows

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 3 months later...

In theory, given a compatible processor but a motherboard without a tpm slot, would this solution work for supporting windows 11 ? 

12 hours ago, dgiakoum said:

In theory, given a compatible processor but a motherboard without a tpm slot, would this solution work for supporting windows 11 ? 

If you have a compatible CPUs, then you have TPM on the CPU.

Check your motherboard manual on how to enable it. The option should be in your UEFI.

Typical names (as each motherboard manufacture and even models within the same manufacture like to have a different terminology for just about everything) for TPM are: fTPM or Intel PTT. Look for those, enable it, and you will good to go.

Windows 11 Pro Build 22000.282 working and Windows Updating on the following:

Asus x99 Deluxe II motherboard (w/ 14-1 Pin TPM-M R2.0 module installed and Secure Boot Enabled)

Intel Core i7 6850k CPU 

I did a Bare Metal install with no Reg Edits or Hacks... just an normal clean wipe everything and Install on USB Boot. Found my Basic Drivers under Windows Update for CPU / Chipset / USB3... got the Manufacturer Drivers off the ASUS Website for Windows 10 and used them ... went and got my nVidia & SSD drivers... it all works as it should

My Intel Core i7 6850k is below the Min Sys Requirements for Windows 11 (6th Gen CPU) and I get Windows Updates regularly

Build Specs in my Sig

Intel Core i9 10920x CPU; ASUS ROG Strix x299-E Gaming II Motherboard; 64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666 MHz Quad Channel Kit; EVGA RTX 2070 Gaming 8 GB; 2 TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe m.2 SSD & 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe m.2 SSD; 1 TB WD Blue SATA SSD; 2x 6 TB HGST DeskStar NAS Hard Drives; Corsair Hydro H150i RGB PRO XT All In One Cooler; Corsair RM1000i 1000 Watt PSU; Corsair Commander Pro Lighting & Fan control; 4x Corsair HD120 RGB 120 mm fans - Intake ; Lian Li 011-Dynamic Razer Edition cube case, Windows 11 Pro 23H2

• 2 months later...

fyi was able to install win11 on two gen4 Intel cpu PCs. i7 4790 and i3 4360T.  TPM is more of the qualifier than CPU. It doesn't currently support some AMD cpus either.