1080p 144Hz IPS Monitor for gaming and photo editing

Wild Walker

I am looking for a new monitor that has atleast a 144Hz refresh rate and a IPS screen. 

I will be using the monitor for gaming and photo editing.

So far the ones i have seen online and in my budget are the:

ASUS TUF Gaming VG249Q € 179,-

MSI Optix G241 € 179,-

Iiyama G-Master GB2470HSU-B1 € 189,-
Acer Nitro XV240Y € 189,-

So far the ASUS and the Iiyama are the ones that look the more intreseting becouse they have height adjustment.

1 minute ago, AirBourne said:

photo editing

you may want to look more into color accuracy other than "IPS" since each panel is different

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

11 minutes ago, AirBourne said:

I am looking for a new monitor that has atleast a 144Hz refresh rate and a IPS screen. 

I will be using the monitor for gaming and photo editing.

So far the ones i have seen online and in my budget are the:

ASUS TUF Gaming VG249Q € 179,-

MSI Optix G241 € 179,-

Iiyama G-Master GB2470HSU-B1 € 189,-
Acer Nitro XV240Y € 189,-

So far the ASUS and the Iiyama are the ones that look the more intreseting becouse they have height adjustment.

All of these kinda suck in terms of colour accuracy.

IPS means literally NOTHING FOR COLOUR ACCURACY. There are plenty of terrible panels and badly calibrated monitors out there.

None of these are remotely colour accurate and will never get really close as their panels are all only made to cover 72% of the colour spectrum.

You should up your budget a bit. The AOC 24G2 has everything you need but it normally sells for about $250. There is no monitor that reliably ships with accurate enough colors for professionals. Even if a monitor has decent accuracity in a review, it can be completely different for the panel you receive. And even if it is accurate at first, the colors will change over time and need to be calibrated again.

If color accuracity is of any concern you'll have to get a colorimeter like a i1DisplayPro and use the software DisplayCal (free) to properly calibrate your monitor.

Here's a quick tutorial if you're interested:

If you decide to buy such a device for calibration, stay away from Datacolor devices. They're inaccurate and they're extremely inconsistent across different monitors.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.