How much performace is lost, i paired a i79700 with a ex b365m-v5 motherboard

12 hours ago, Paul Rudd said:

Apparently this board doesn't support overclocking. So you'll want to enable turbo boost.

Yes, that's enough.

If you can, see what your CPU clocks to while playing a high demanding game. If it clocks to your turbo boost speed of 4.7 GHz, you are good to go.

enabled tb. 4.55- 4.6 during gaming.

cinebench scores are compared from which site? I googled many sites only show up 9700k.

I would have bought a better board if known before, i just asked for asus board and seller assembled with this board. lol

12 hours ago, RapidTurtle said:

enabled tb. 4.55- 4.6 during gaming.

You're all set. 4.5 to 4.6 GHz is excellent, especially if your temps are in check at that 4.5 to 4.6 GHz. Just make sure your minimum and maximum CPU processor states in your Windows power plan are set to 5% and 100%. My guess is that they already are.

cinebench scores are compared from which site? I googled many sites only show up 9700k.

I just found a random multi-core score of 8540 and single core score of 1181 from an i7 9700 using R23 Cinebench on CPU-Monkey. The reason your Cinebench score is at just 6876 is because you ran the test at just 3.0 GHz. If you were to run the R23 Cinebench test at the 4.5 to 4.6 GHz turbo speed you're getting while gaming, it would most likely be around the 8540 score. Which means you're good to go.

11 hours ago, RapidTurtle said:

I would have bought a better board if known before, i just asked for asus board and seller assembled with this board. lol

It's a good board. You don't exactly need more than 4.5 to 4.6 GHz and your motherboard is not bottlenecking your i7 9700 because you're getting 4.5 to 4.6 GHz while gaming. Those are great clock speeds for the i7 9700.

I want to say your GPU is your bottleneck, but it's not a major bottleneck, if that makes sense. I can't remember your GPU, GTX 1660 Super right? Or is it GTX 1650 Super?

8 hours ago, Paul Rudd said:

You're all set. 4.5 to 4.6 GHz is excellent, especially if your temps are in check at that 4.5 to 4.6 GHz. Just make sure your minimum and maximum CPU processor states in your Windows power plan are set to 5% and 100%. My guess is that they already are.

I just found a random multi-core score of 8540 and single core score of 1181 from an i7 9700 using R23 Cinebench on CPU-Monkey. The reason your Cinebench score is at just 6876 is because you ran the test at just 3.0 GHz. If you were to run the R23 Cinebench test at the 4.5 to 4.6 GHz turbo speed you're getting while gaming, it would most likely be around the 8540 score. Which means you're good to go.

It's a good board. You don't exactly need more than 4.5 to 4.6 GHz and your motherboard is not bottlenecking your i7 9700 because you're getting 4.5 to 4.6 GHz while gaming. Those are great clock speeds for the i7 9700.

I want to say your GPU is your bottleneck, but it's not a major bottleneck, if that makes sense. I can't remember your GPU, GTX 1660 Super right? Or is it GTX 1650 Super?

1650 only, was thinking to buy rtx 3060 usualy availaible for 35k (500 dollar) now a 1650 is selling for 350 dollar, so cant buy any

9 hours ago, Paul Rudd said:

So, i i7 9700 can be overclocked with a  z series board, i thought only k models can be overclocked. 😛

13 hours ago, RapidTurtle said:

1650 only

Yea, your GPU is your bottleneck. Still not a major or moderate bottleneck. Just a minor one.

Forgive me if I asked this before but is your GTX 1650 the older or newer version? To find out, check the memory. The older one is GDDR5, the newer one is GDDR6. So a little faster on the newer one. Think of the older version as a slightly underclocked GTX 970 and think of the newer version as a slightly overclocked GTX 1060 3GB. Hopefully you have the newer version because it's a solid performer for 1080p gaming and has less need for an upgrade imo.

was thinking to buy rtx 3060

Oh wow, well that will definitely double your fps in most games for sure.

usualy availaible for 35k (500 dollar) now a 1650 is selling for 350 dollar, so cant buy any

$500 for an RTX 3060 is a decent price. At the same time, $350 for a GTX 1650 is an even better value. If only you lived in the US, you could sell off that GTX 1650 for $350 then put that towards the RTX 3060 for $500. That's pretty much what I did with my GTX 1060 3GB and then put that money towards my current GTX 1070. But this was years ago when inflation was virtually non-existent. I got $185 for my used GTX 1060 3GB and paid just $380 for my GTX 1070 brand new and sealed. Nowadays, these two GPUs are inflated like crazy.

So, i i7 9700 can be overclocked with a  z series board, i thought only k models can be overclocked.

Actually an i7 9700 can be overclocked with a B365 board, just not your particular B365 board. Again, this should not be a concern because as you mentioned, you're getting 4.5 to 4.6 GHz. That's a solid speed for the i7 9700. Until your GPU is high dollar and top of the line, your i7 9700 clocked at 4.5 to 4.6 GHz will present the same performance as it would if it were 5.0+ GHz with your current GPU. Meaning, you're all set with your CPU and motherboard.😀

On 7/12/2021 at 7:52 PM, Paul Rudd said:

Yea, your GPU is your bottleneck. Still not a major or moderate bottleneck. Just a minor one.

Forgive me if I asked this before but is your GTX 1650 the older or newer version? To find out, check the memory. The older one is GDDR5, the newer one is GDDR6. So a little faster on the newer one. Think of the older version as a slightly underclocked GTX 970 and think of the newer version as a slightly overclocked GTX 1060 3GB. Hopefully you have the newer version because it's a solid performer for 1080p gaming and has less need for an upgrade imo.

Oh wow, well that will definitely double your fps in most games for sure.

$500 for an RTX 3060 is a decent price. At the same time, $350 for a GTX 1650 is an even better value. If only you lived in the US, you could sell off that GTX 1650 for $350 then put that towards the RTX 3060 for $500. That's pretty much what I did with my GTX 1060 3GB and then put that money towards my current GTX 1070. But this was years ago when inflation was virtually non-existent. I got $185 for my used GTX 1060 3GB and paid just $380 for my GTX 1070 brand new and sealed. Nowadays, these two GPUs are inflated like crazy.

Actually an i7 9700 can be overclocked with a B365 board, just not your particular B365 board. Again, this should not be a concern because as you mentioned, you're getting 4.5 to 4.6 GHz. That's a solid speed for the i7 9700. Until your GPU is high dollar and top of the line, your i7 9700 clocked at 4.5 to 4.6 GHz will present the same performance as it would if it were 5.0+ GHz with your current GPU. Meaning, you're all set with your CPU and motherboard.😀

rtx are not available now 800+ may be, it was 500 when there was no inflation

rtx are not available now 800+ may be, it was 500 when there was no inflation

Ah, I see. Yea, looks like your GPU upgrade will take place well into the future.

gdr5 bought may 2019

Aww, that sucks. Well at least you have a GPU, some people settle for much less and much older hardware.