Corsair 5000d airflow vs 7000d airflow

Maxie94
1 hour ago, SpiderMan said:

At least you're not talking about a Corsair Obsidian 900D...this thing is ridiculously heavy and a major PITA to move around on the desk when loaded up like how I have it. They are almost identical in weight but dimensions are slightly different (smaller side), so the 7000D shouldn't be too cumbersome to move around.

But are you able to move it by yourself? It's a really heavy rig for just one person to move

7 minutes ago, Maxie94 said:

But are you able to move it by yourself? It's a really heavy rig for just one person to move

You're probably gonna laugh when I say this, but I stand on my desk to just move it to the edge so I can work on it. It's manageable luckily. I didn't know the 7000D was about 40 pounds too, as I saw 18.7 and thought it was in pounds and not kilograms. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

On 7/5/2021 at 6:19 PM, SpiderMan said:

You're probably gonna laugh when I say this, but I stand on my desk to just move it to the edge so I can work on it. It's manageable luckily. I didn't know the 7000D was about 40 pounds too, as I saw 18.7 and thought it was in pounds and not kilograms. 

haha i love to see some one steel my pc...when i done even 2 people wont be able to pick it up....

ill probly end up stick my thermaltake core x9 on top to save space....only need a tower 900 on top of that...i kid....

pc update 006.jpg

A10fhD85eKL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

thermal take tower 900 on the way boys....ya im Friging nuts....

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

10 hours ago, SpiderMan said:

It may be super heavy, but I agree with tdkid, some components (GPU) are getting larger and larger over time, and if I want to upgrade to a more powerful GPU in the future I think I'm gonna need an even bigger PSU than the one I currently have. So I think the 7000d is the case I'm choosing right now, but I have to wait until it gets here on my country, but if I had to choose right now, I'd choose the 7000d for future proofing.

12 hours ago, SpiderMan said:

At least you're not talking about a Corsair Obsidian 900D...this thing is ridiculously heavy and a major PITA to move around on the desk when loaded up like how I have it. They are almost identical in weight but dimensions are slightly different (smaller side), so the 7000D shouldn't be too cumbersome to move around.

try the  corsair 1000D. 60lbs empty. the thing is almost a desk in itself.

21 minutes ago, tdkid said:

try the  corsair 1000D. 60lbs empty. the thing is almost a desk in itself.

That one is not available in my country.

1 minute ago, Maxie94 said:

That one is not available in my country.

that was more of spiderman saying that is case was a big and heavy to move on his desk. my case is bigger and heavier. it is the biggest case you can currently buy without going into server tower size cases. 

I would love to get the 7000d but it is not out yet and I am building my pc now. So for me its the 5000d or the lian li o11 dynamic xl 

On 7/9/2021 at 7:02 PM, Kalmek said:

I would love to get the 7000d but it is not out yet and I am building my pc now. So for me its the 5000d or the lian li o11 dynamic xl 

Its available on corsairs website right now to order

• 3 months later...

Hello. After months of researching, watching videos and reading reviews, I'm gonna decide based on only one thing: am I gonna be able to fit 3 fans on the side panel with the hdd cage in the 5000d airflow? Because apparently the fan bracket gets in the way of the hdd cables. If I can't, then am I gonna be able to fit 4 fans on the side panel with at least 1 hdd cage on the 7000d airflow?

6 hours ago, Maxie94 said:

Hello. After months of researching, watching videos and reading reviews, I'm gonna decide based on only one thing: am I gonna be able to fit 3 fans on the side panel with the hdd cage in the 5000d airflow? Because apparently the fan bracket gets in the way of the hdd cables. If I can't, then am I gonna be able to fit 4 fans on the side panel with at least 1 hdd cage on the 7000d airflow?

I responded in your other thread but you can fit two hdd in the 7000 with 4 side fans, im currently running that configuration 

The 5000D has a harddrive cage next to the PSU but i gotta say, its a really tight fit for the psu cables without removing the hdd cage, like now that my pc is put together i literally can't get the hdd cage back in unless I unwire the entire pc.

5000D works great for a all-SSD setup though, two spots for sata's combined with your nvme slots = plenty of storage.

But the 7000 is going to be ridiculously huge, 5000 is already quite large, i often find myself thinking I should try to build a smaller pc.

System Specs: AMD 5950x PBO-AutoNoctua DH-15 Black | Gigabyte x570 MasterEVGA 3080FTW3 Ultra | (2x16gb) G.Skill Royal 3600mhz CL18 | Corsair 5000D Airflow (Black) Samsung 980 Pro 2TB & Firecuda 520 1TB & Crucial MX500 2tb850W Corsair RMX | 2 Noctua A14 CPU, 6 Noctua A12x25 Intake, 3x Noctua F12 Top Exhaust, 1x Noctua A12x25 Back Exhaust

Monitors: (Main) LG Ultragear 34" 2k Ultrawide 144hz IPS '34GP83A-B' (Side) Acer Predator 27" 2k 144hz TN 'Abmiprz'

Peripherals: Corsair K100 OPX | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Corsair Virtuoso SE | Audioengine A2+

1 hour ago, Daethz said:

The 5000D has a harddrive cage next to the PSU but i gotta say, its a really tight fit for the psu cables without removing the hdd cage, like now that my pc is put together i literally can't get the hdd cage back in unless I unwire the entire pc.

5000D works great for a all-SSD setup though, two spots for sata's combined with your nvme slots = plenty of storage.

But the 7000 is going to be ridiculously huge, 5000 is already quite large, i often find myself thinking I should try to build a smaller pc.

I see, but I really need to use hdds since I have a lot data stored in there. Were you able to install 3 fans on the side panel with hdds? If that's possible, I'd go for the 5000d hands down, if not, then I'd go for the 7000d.

On 10/24/2021 at 1:53 PM, Maxie94 said:

I see, but I really need to use hdds since I have a lot data stored in there. Were you able to install 3 fans on the side panel with hdds? If that's possible, I'd go for the 5000d hands down, if not, then I'd go for the 7000d.

go for phanteks enthoo pro2

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini

On 7/5/2021 at 8:34 PM, Daethz said:

Besides ripping all my wires out I don't think it would fit, its a pretty beefy chunk of metal.

If your PSU is larger than mine I don't think itll work.

I think mine ((might)) work, if I unwired most of everything and violently shoved all the wires down the tiny 3 inches of space in between the sides off the cage

310354384_noroom.jpg

If no fan was mounted there, could you then slide the HDD cage where the fan is? It sure looks like it on the Website:

image.thumb.png.68231bf8b9a6c28d8fbeb694d24a01fb.png

And maybe you could get rid of 1 fan (5 intake should be enough) and have more room for the HDD's

Also, you don't really need the sidefans, unless you are watercooling. For Airflow, 3 front-fans and 2 exhaust are enough

14 hours ago, fonzz1e said:

go for phanteks enthoo pro2

If I could get this case I definitely would, but apparently I can't get it on my country 😢

7 hours ago, Maxie94 said:

If I could get this case I definitely would, but apparently I can't get it on my country 😢

yea before i bought my 5000D i was looking for enthoo pro2,

it sold out in singapore 😞

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini