DVI-D To Displayport for 1440p ?

Crowzer

Hello,

I have plans to change my PC monitor when HDMI 2.1 models will be released (for the PS5). So I'm going to give my current monitor to my dad.

However, there is a small problem: my father current monitor is connected to the DVI-D port on the motherboard (AMD ASUS B450M-K), because it uses an APU from AMD, the 2200G; no need to have a graphics card. But the motherboard  don't have any HDMI ports. Only DVI-D and D-Sub.

My current screen (Asus ROG Swift PG279Q) does not have a DVI port and the HDMI port is broken. Only the Dsplayport remains.

So here is my question: Is there a way to plug my monitor from a DVI-D port to Displayport  in 1440p (no need for 144Hz) ?

The main purpose is that he can use my monitor at 1440p. If not, no point to use it because he already has a 1920*1080 monitor.

Thanks !

2 minutes ago, Crowzer said:

Hello,

I have plans to change my PC monitor when HDMI 2.1 models will be released (for the PS5). So I'm going to give my current monitor to my dad.

However, there is a small problem: my father current monitor is connected to the DVI-D port on the motherboard (AMD ASUS B450M-K), because it uses an APU from AMD, the 2200G; so no need to have a graphics card. And the motherboard  don't have any HDMI ports. Only DVI-D and D-Sub.

My current screen (Asus ROG Swift PG279Q) does not have a DVI port and the HDMI port is broken. Only the displayport remains.

So here is my question: Is there a way to plug my monitor from a DVI port to displayport ? And in 1440p (no need for 144Hz).

DVI-D supports a resolution of 2560x1600 so you should be fine to use an adapter- he just will likely be unable to take advantage of the higher refresh rates.

Data Systems Administrator | Sergeant - US Marine Corps | CCNA / SEC+

Ryzen 9 5950x | 64 GB DDR4 3600Mhz | Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti | Full Build Info | HomeLab Setup

Might want to check this:

https://linustechtips.com/topic/729232-guide-to-display-cables-adapters-v2/?output=DVI&input=DP

A DVI output CANNOT be connected to a DisplayPort input with a passive adapter. Passive DisplayPort to DVI cables/adapters will only function from DisplayPort output to DVI input, not the other way around.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply