5600X vs 11600K Thoughts?

8 minutes ago, freeagent said:

That right there is why I think MSI sucks. I will never buy anything from them. I like Asus myself.. I also had a good experience with Assrock.

I agree, i was thinking that when writing my reply, its somehow all the mobo's fault…

But then this *is* my ryzen experience and this isnt isolated to msi either, but i do agree they really suck, especially the support side, i mean IF their stuff works its pretty great, big IF…  

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

16 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

had terrible experiences with ASUS myself. I'm a Gigabyte fan for the most part.

Recently a buddy on another forum sent his motherboard in for RMA. He was happy to hear it was being sent back resolved within a few days. No other communication.

He received the same motherboard with a "we're sorry low stock can't fix it" note and absolutely no resolution. Thanks a lot, ASUS.

Oh and he had to pay for shipping. For nothing.

yeap, asus customer support is horrible (own experience with their routers and from reading the stories here) I cant say much about their products, my monitor is rock solid (mx279h)  🤷‍♀️

But generally i have the feeling motherboards are like russian roulette lol… there are way too many of them that essentially all do the same thing… should be less models then they could be tested and supported much better. The sheer amount of different versions i have the impression even manufacturers dont have a clue whats going on (and they dont care, are already focused on the new board and its "improvements" and "groundbreaking features"…)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

12 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

yeap, asus customer support is horrible (own experience with their routers and from reading the stories here) I cant say much about their products, my monitor is rock solid (mx279h)  🤷‍♀️

But generally i have the feeling motherboards are like russian roulette lol… there are way too many of them that essentially all do the same thing… should be less models then they could be tested and supported much better. The sheer amount of different versions i have the impression even manufacturers dont have a clue whats going on (and they dont care, are already focused on the new board and.its "improvements")

I don't have any ASUS motherboards, but most of my active GPUs are ASUS (not really by choice...just opportunity).

I did have a failed RX 470....first RMA attempt they returned my original GPU (could tell by distinct markings) saying they replaced it. Second time they did the same thing. Finally I had to bitch about it on reddit...and one of their customer service reps reached out to me and i got a new RX 570 replacement.

But yeah that was a month + about $25 in shipping

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Wow really? That sucks guys. I did RMA to Asus once and it was a really positive experience. That was many many moons ago.. 939/NF4 days so I am going back a little.. since then no problems. My buddy has my old Gigabyte board for the last 10 years no problems too. I have an Assrock Z77 OC Formula that came with some insulation and a dead 3770K and is my kids rig.. I’m sure everyone has hits and misses.. I just hold a grudge 🙂

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

1 minute ago, freeagent said:

Wow really? That sucks guys. I did RMA to Asus once and it was a really positive experience. That was many many moons ago.. 939/NF4 days so I am going back a little.. since then no problems. My buddy has my old Gigabyte board for the last 10 years no problems too. I have an Assrock Z77 OC Formula that came with some insulation and a dead 3770K and is my kids rig.. I’m sure everyone has hits and misses.. I just hold a grudge 🙂

I like how you call it Assrock.

Like I call it the Deep Ass 3.

😍

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

3 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

5 minutes ago, freeagent said:

Expand  

I like how you call it Assrock.

Like I call it the Deep Ass 3.

Deep Ass is waay funnier then it should be. I choked on my coffee the first time I saw you say it, I think I even commented on that 👌🏻

I still giggle 🤭 

Also, the 5600 X is a wicked little CPU, even it is “just” a hexacore.. she is a certified ripper  for sure.

I would like to tear into an 11 series though.. just for a taste.