When does the Steam sale end?

Go to solution Solved by kirashi,
6 minutes ago, gal-m said:

When does it end? Is there a date? If I understand correctly it should last till June 8th, but I am unsure. Also, does it end "equally" for all games (not sure how to put it, but I think you'll understand) or does it vary and some games go back to normal pricing sooner than others?

Thanks ❤️ 

Based on the Steam website https://store.steampowered.com/ I'd say the same probably runs until July 8th at 1000 pacific time.

image.png.36b3c25a45d0bd3cb981ca9584844dc9.png

When does it end? Is there a date? If I understand correctly it should last till June 8th, but I am unsure. Also, does it end "equally" for all games (not sure how to put it, but I think you'll understand) or does it vary and some games go back to normal pricing sooner than others?

Thanks ❤️ 

6 minutes ago, gal-m said:

Thanks ❤️ 

Based on the Steam website https://store.steampowered.com/ I'd say the same probably runs until July 8th at 1000 pacific time.

image.png.36b3c25a45d0bd3cb981ca9584844dc9.png

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

9 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Based on the Steam website https://store.steampowered.com/ I'd say the same probably runs until July 8th at 1000 pacific time

Yeah, I read that too. It prob. lasts till 8th of July like I thought 🙂

How about the games? Does the sale end sooner for some of them or is it all equal - would you know anything about that @kirashi?

2 minutes ago, gal-m said:

Yeah, I read that too. It prob. lasts till 8th of July like I thought 🙂

How about the games? Does the sale end sooner for some of them or is it all equal - would you know anything about that @kirashi?

In past years, most games remain on sale for the duration of the event, unless they're one day surprise sales. I would imagine this is the case for this sale too, but I don't work for Valve so this could change at any second.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

10 minutes ago, kirashi said:

In past years, most games remain on sale for the duration of the event, unless they're one day surprise sales. I would imagine this is the case for this sale too, but I don't work for Valve so this could change at any second.

Thanks for the info @kirashi, I'll keep that in mind!

18 minutes ago, gal-m said:

Thanks for the info @kirashi, I'll keep that in mind!

Usually limited time sales like that will tell you how much longer they will be on sale so even if a specific game is not on sale the whole time it would say so on its store page. Granted I haven't really seen it during summer sales events and events like it. Usually at other times when there is a sudden sale it will say how long it will be on sale. 

11 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Usually limited time sales like that will tell you how much longer they will be on sale so even if a specific game is not on sale the whole time it would say so on its store page. Granted I haven't really seen it during summer sales events and events like it. Usually at other times when there is a sudden sale it will say how long it will be on sale.

Really glad to hear that @Brooksie359, thanks! The reason I was wondering that is because I'm not anywhere close to my computer until Tuesday and wanted to buy some games then 🙂 

14 hours ago, gal-m said:

Really glad to hear that @Brooksie359, thanks! The reason I was wondering that is because I'm not anywhere close to my computer until Tuesday and wanted to buy some games then 🙂 

Can you not use the mobile app?

You can buy them and then download them when you get home...I've done it myself a few times.

15 hours ago, kirashi said:

Yeah I think all games on sale are on sale for the entire event. They haven't done the flash sales or daily sales in several years. I have to admit, it's more convenient now but it does take some of the excitement out of it.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

7 hours ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

Can you not use the mobile app?

You can buy them and then download them when you get home...I've done it myself a few times.

Oh... I honestly didn't know there was a mobile app 😅

Thanks, that's actually a good idea 🙂

I was going to buy a couple of new games anyways because I'm going to be setting up a brand new system next week, but since a lot of them are on sale I'd really like to take advantage of that @Maury Sells Wigs.

7 hours ago, Middcore said:

Yeah I think all games on sale are on sale for the entire event. They haven't done the flash sales or daily sales in several years. I have to admit, it's more convenient now but it does take some of the excitement out of it.

Thanks for the info @Middcore - glad to hear that! 😄

4 hours ago, gal-m said:

Oh... I honestly didn't know there was a mobile app 😅

Thanks, that's actually a good idea 🙂

I was going to buy a couple of new games anyways because I'm going to be setting up a brand new system next week, but since a lot of them are on sale I'd really like to take advantage of that @Maury Sells Wigs.

I bought Mafia 3:Definitive Edition, Far Cry 5, and Bioshock Infinite last week and the combined price was just over £20 (probably about $/€25).

The mobile app is great, it's just like a slimmed down version of the proper desktop one.

If you are Android just visit the Play Store, if you are on i-phone I can't say if it is on the apple store...but I can't see why it wouldn't be.

Anyway, good luck.