Best gaming performance on which version of Windows in 2021 ?

DIPANJAN

Since the graphic cards prices are so high thus making it impossible for us to buy, can you guys make a video showing gaming performance on win7 vs win8.1 vs win10 vs win11, so that gamers can pick the OS that gives the best gaming performance in 2021 on medium level hardware ?

Thanks.

I'm not sure what is prompting this question or what GPU's prices have to do with it but install Windows 10.

Really nothing else to say there.

3 minutes ago, rickeo said:

I'm not sure what is prompting this question or what GPU's prices have to do with it but install Windows 10.

Really nothing else to say there.

^^^ Windows 10 runs DX12 whereas 7 does not, making 10 the clear winner for gaming. Current W10 runs better and is more usable than 8.1 so it wins there as well. There's no reason to use older Windows except for very niche compatibility cases or sheer nostalgia. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Apart from performance comparisons just for the heck of it there's nothing really to determine here. Windows 10 is the version of Windows that people should be using. There are cases where people may need to run an older version of Windows, but for general gaming (especially with the latest GPUs) Windows 10 is the way to go. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

Such a video would be pointless, to be honest. 

Nobody should be running Windows 7, and I don't know why anybody would be using Windows 8.1. They lack critical features for modern gaming (like DX12 support in 7) and you're not going to get any meaningful performance uplift by using them. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

58 minutes ago, DIPANJAN said:

Since the graphic cards prices are so high thus making it impossible for us to buy, can you guys make a video showing gaming performance on win7 vs win8.1 vs win10 vs win11, so that gamers can pick the OS that gives the best gaming performance in 2021 on medium level hardware ?

Thanks.

Auto HDR (High Dynamic Range) and Microsoft DirectStorage are features relevant to gaming that are exclusive to Windows 11. 

Unless you're running old games on extremely old hardware, you're not likely going to see any performance benefits from using Windows 7 or Windows 8.1. 

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

I believe that windows 11s leaked iso ran better on slower hardware, buti don't know how that applys to higher end stuff.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

-> Moved to Windows

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv