Is there anything I should know when looking to replace the monitor power brick cable?

e22big

I found my to be too short, so looking for something that can either extend it or longer cable, is there anything I should be aware of? Don't want to end up bricking my monitor in the process

3 minutes ago, e22big said:

I found my to be too short, so looking for something that can either extend it or longer cable, is there anything I should be aware of? Don't want to end up bricking my monitor in the process

Depends on if its just the cable or if its the power brick too. If its just a standard dc power cable then you will be fine. 

Easier thing would be to just get a power lead extension cable.

12 minutes ago, e22big said:

I found my to be too short, so looking for something that can either extend it or longer cable,

Honestly, just get an extension cord. Easier and all things considered easier to manage if you got a cable basket.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

3 hours ago, Prometheus935 said:

Depends on if its just the cable or if its the power brick too. If its just a standard dc power cable then you will be fine. 

Easier thing would be to just get a power lead extension cable.

Just the cable, the brick is integrated in the monitor itself

3 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

Honestly, just get an extension cord. Easier and all things considered easier to manage if you got a cable basket.

Anything is fine for me, not sure how an extension will make thing easier though, I imagine it would be like a dongle hanging around

The reason it's too short is because I want to be able to turn my monitor 90 degree to face my bed and use it as a TV next to my desk, my monitor has this very wierd cable set up where the power plug is on the left side (not the back) and the DP and HDMI is on the right (also not the back) this created a wierd situation where moving the monitor to the right or left will always create a significant strain on either the DP or power cable - it's the power at the moment which is why I am looking for something to extend it