Need a motherboard for a ryzen 9 5950x

Hello, Is The b550 aorus elite (v1) compatible with the r9 5950x with no bios update?

Yes, any B550 or X570 motherboards don't need an update, only B450 and X470's need an update.

4 minutes ago, Lotinsh said:

Yes, any B550 or X570 motherboards don't need an update, only B450 and X470's need an update.

You sure?

4 minutes ago, Lotinsh said:

So i can put it with a  b550m ds3h?

8 minutes ago, valid said:

No.
Well yes, but no!
The ds3h is a low teir board you have no business putting it with a 5950x.
Please get a good board, a bad one could kill the CPU.

14 minutes ago, Lotinsh said:

No.
If the board did not get a diffrent bios put on after 5000 came out, then it will need a update. Assume it does need a update

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Yes, that motherboard works too, and yes, I am sure, it is listed on their official website, but for that cpu the second motherboard might be too bad, as that cpu is too strong, it needs good vrm cooling, the aorus should be fine as long as you won't overclock, then you should go for something better maybe. Also my bad, it will maybe need a bios update, I thought it was a different one.

Though, why are you looking for a motherboard 5000 ready? I understand that you might not want to go and update something etc, but it's pretty simple, I have done it myself and it isn't hard.

Just now, Lotinsh said:

Though, why are you looking for a motherboard 5000 ready? I understand that you might not want to go and update something etc, but it's pretty simple, I have done it myself and it isn't hard.

I don't know how. If you can add me on discord and explain to me i would really appreciate that.

valid#9999

7 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

No.
Well yes, but no!
The ds3h is a low teir board you have no business putting it with a 5950x.
Please get a good board, a bad one could kill the CPU.

No.
If the board did not get a diffrent bios put on after 5000 came out, then it will need a update. Assume it does need a update

You think that i can put a ryzen 9 3900x? (Whats the best cpu that i can put on that without bios update and i don't want to overclock the cpu at all)

1 hour ago, valid said:

You think that i can put a ryzen 9 3900x? (Whats the best cpu that i can put on that without bios update and i don't want to overclock the cpu at all)

Just get a good board that can do a bios update without a cpu.

id not put more than a 3600 in that board.

If you want a cheeper end bopard for a 5950x, id look at a b550-f gaming 

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

19 hours ago, valid said:

I wouldn't do that. If you can leverage 16 cores, which is the only reason to buy the 5950x, then you can use the feature-set on higher end motherboards. Plus, a 16 core processor is probably to powerful for a lower-end motherboard. 

my signiture was cool, but its a lie now

Just get a solid X570 or B550 if you really want to paired it with R9 5950x, b550 Arous elite (v1) is not really a board for it, Only have 8pin Eps, Not so good heat spreader. The quality is just somewhat awful for That CPU. 

Just get a bang for the bucks X570 like: X570 Taichi, Or a decent b550 with decent heat spreader. Also with 8+4 EPS CPU and DR MOS If you can..

Also try to get a board that have a Bios flashback on it. You can find it at Mid-High board. 

Hello there... I'm both speedrunner and tech nerd. But not professional...

steam pcpartpicker.com speedrun.com

Both x570 and B550 may require a bios update. It depends when the specific board that arrives to your door was manufactured as to whether it has a newer bios or not. You want to update your BIOS regardless anyhow, there are a bunch of benefits including bug fixes. A quality board will have a feature to allow bios updates without a CPU installed.

B550 is a great option if you don't need the PCIe layout of x570.

IMO I'd step up a bit from the B550 Aorus Elite.

A B550 Aorus Pro V2, or Strix B550-f Gaming would be better choices and the minimum I'd consider on a 5950x.

Ryzen 3000 is a lot slower than Ryzen 5000, the BIOS update takes a minute and is very easy to do. There are some great quick guides showing how it is done.