Idk how to choose

Ploopyboi
Go to solution Solved by Brooksie359,
3 hours ago, Ploopyboi said:

This are the price of the keyboards i am considering:
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2019: 104 USD
Corsair k68 rgb: 104 USD
Logitech G813 tactile or clicky or linear (same price): 108 USD
IDK what to choose XD though the logitech is hitting a Big sale (50%) its original price is 216 USD
Thank you all for your support and help

Well I would fkst figure out what switches comes with each keyboard and see which one you want based off of that. If you are a touch typer than I would suggest not going for linear keys as you will likely misclick often or simply fail to click on the key fully. Honestly unless you are used to or would be willing to get use to always pushing down the keys fully and bottoming out I would stay clear of linear keys as its easy to mess up. By that I mean if you have linear keys you should always be bottoming out to ensure you pressed the key correctly because there is no actuation point to tell you that the button press has been registered. 

I have a problem choosing between the razer blackwidow ultimate 2019 or the corsair k68 rgb. Thank you!
PS: I think i want to buy the corsair harpoon rgb because it is cheap

Should i choose a logitech keyboard?
I want a cheap gaming mouse and i want it to be rgb

Tbh I can't even find that keyboard for sale new for the blackwidow ultimate. I do have the blackwidow tournament edition v2 and love it especially the included wrist rest. As for corsair I would say they are decent keyboards but I simply can't stand the wrist rest they come with. I injured my wrist before so that is a key component when making a purchasing decision personally and has helped tremendously with making gaming and typing on my keyboard zero burden on my wrist. Granted this is also with a nice sit stand desk and ergonomic office chair to help insure proper posture. 

They are both ok.  But the razer keyboard uses their own custom mechanical switches. While the corsair ones use cherry mx reds. I would go online and see if you prefer cherry mx reds (i do).

Just now, tinglemask said:

They are both ok.  But the razer keyboard uses their own custom mechanical switches. While the corsair ones use cherry mx reds. I would go online and see if you prefer cherry mx reds (i do).

also look at sound tests if you haven't

This article says that they are both great but the Corsair k68 is slightly better. And as for a mouse I've tried the Harpoon and didn't really like the shape of it personally, if you are looking for a cheap wireless gaming mouse the kind of de facto standard is the Logitech g305, this is the mouse I personally use and highly rate it (especially if you change out the battery for a AAA instead of the AA).

2 minutes ago, tinglemask said:

Idk how you can enjoy the absolute displeasure of not feeling anything when pressing down a key. It feels so wrong personally. 

i kinda don't like any of those switches to be honest. I just find cherry mx reds to be better. (razer's sound kinda doesnt have the extra  satisfaction when pressing the key. My favourite switch is NK creams.

6 minutes ago, tinglemask said:

also look at sound tests if you haven't

Honestly I have never understood this idea. As someone who has had roommates with corsair keyboard with red switches it absolutely is far from silent so really noise shouldn't be much of a consideration unless you are looking at silent switches. 

1 minute ago, Brooksie359 said:

Honestly I have never understood this idea. As someone who has had roommates with corsair keyboard with red switches it absolutely is far from silent so really noise shouldn't be much of a consideration unless you are looking at silent switches. 

Im not talking about how quiet it is. Im talking about how good the sound is.

1 minute ago, tinglemask said:

i kinda don't like of those switches to be honest. I just find cherry mx reds to be better. (razer's sound kinda doesnt have the extra  satisfaction when pressing the key. My favourite switch is NK creams.

What switches have you used? Razor does have more than one type of switch. The ones that the razer blackwidow 2019 have that I could find are greens which are closely related to browns or blues for cherry mx. They are completely different types of switches compared to reds. Also how do you feel satisfaction from not feeling any tactile feedback of reds? 

Im not talking about how quiet it is. Im talking about how good the sound is.

Who actually even hears their keyboard with their headphones on? Also the sound has never been as important as the physical feel. Reds are so easy to misclick and mistype with. Honestly horrible for typing in my experience. Part of the reason that I couldn't even think about getting reds as it feels so awkward to type on. 

Just now, Brooksie359 said:

What switches have you used? Razor does have more than one type of switch. The ones that the razer blackwidow 2019 have that I could find are greens which are closely related to browns or blues for cherry mx. They are completely different types of switches compared to reds. Also how do you feel satisfaction from not feeling any tactile feedback of reds? 

i know they have more then one switch. I have tested the green and yellow razer switches. I never said that the mx reds have a great satisfaction, i just think its better then the razer ones. At least its not cherry mx browns.

2 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Who actually even hears their keyboard with their headphones on? Also the sound has never been as important as the physical feel. Reds are so easy to misclick and mistype with. Honestly horrible for typing in my experience. Part of the reason that I couldn't even think about getting reds as it feels so awkward to type on. 

I hear them because im not deaf. Also i dont like cherry mx browns and blues. Blues sounds like a stapler, and is REALLY annoying. And browns are not smooth, not tactile even though its a "tactile" switch, and the sound is just ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I hear them because im not deaf. Also i dont like cherry mx browns and blues. Blues sounds like a stapler, and is REALLY annoying. And browns are not smooth, not tactile even though its a "tactile" switch, and the sound is just ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Let's be honest here, most people prefer blues and browns over reds for typing. Unless you tend to bottom out your key presses reds are pretty terrible when it comes to typing and misclicking. Trying and saying that reds feel better than greens when they are completely different types of switches is complete nonsense. It's like comparing one restaurants pasta with another restaurants pizza. Yeah they are booth food but it's really not all that comparable because if you like pizza more than pasta than your decision is probably decided based on that. They should probably decide based on what type of key switches they like. 

54 minutes ago, tinglemask said:

I bought a blackwidow once, I threw it away in such short time I literally don't remember using it.

(every razer product I have ever owned lasted less than a year before developing massive problems)

Corsair always, stick with red or speed switches or the new corsair opx

I don't like corsair mice because they dont have right/left scroll click

Grab a Logitech G502 Hero  mouse it's on sale for $37 right now (could change) on amazon, I personally think it may be the best wired mouse on earth, mhm.

And it has RGB.

System Specs: AMD 5950x PBO-AutoNoctua DH-15 Black | Gigabyte x570 MasterEVGA 3080FTW3 Ultra | (2x16gb) G.Skill Royal 3600mhz CL18 | Corsair 5000D Airflow (Black) Samsung 980 Pro 2TB & Firecuda 520 1TB & Crucial MX500 2tb850W Corsair RMX | 2 Noctua A14 CPU, 6 Noctua A12x25 Intake, 3x Noctua F12 Top Exhaust, 1x Noctua A12x25 Back Exhaust

Monitors: (Main) LG Ultragear 34" 2k Ultrawide 144hz IPS '34GP83A-B' (Side) Acer Predator 27" 2k 144hz TN 'Abmiprz'

Peripherals: Corsair K100 OPX | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Corsair Virtuoso SE | Audioengine A2+

58 minutes ago, Ploopyboi said:

Should i choose a logitech keyboard?
I want a cheap gaming mouse and i want it to be rgb

Ill just point out I had a Corsair K70 for years, it was great, it survived a glass of water unscathed (miraculously)

I don't think they have updated the K68 in years so I'd probably go with a Corsair K70 MK.2, looks like its going for $140 right now, I saw it for under $99 not long ago.

System Specs: AMD 5950x PBO-AutoNoctua DH-15 Black | Gigabyte x570 MasterEVGA 3080FTW3 Ultra | (2x16gb) G.Skill Royal 3600mhz CL18 | Corsair 5000D Airflow (Black) Samsung 980 Pro 2TB & Firecuda 520 1TB & Crucial MX500 2tb850W Corsair RMX | 2 Noctua A14 CPU, 6 Noctua A12x25 Intake, 3x Noctua F12 Top Exhaust, 1x Noctua A12x25 Back Exhaust

Monitors: (Main) LG Ultragear 34" 2k Ultrawide 144hz IPS '34GP83A-B' (Side) Acer Predator 27" 2k 144hz TN 'Abmiprz'

Peripherals: Corsair K100 OPX | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Corsair Virtuoso SE | Audioengine A2+

18 minutes ago, Daethz said:

I bought a blackwidow once, I threw it away in such short time I literally don't remember using it.

(every razer product I have ever owned lasted less than a year before developing massive problems)

Corsair always, stick with red or speed switches or the new corsair opx

I don't like corsair mice because they dont have right/left scroll click

Grab a Logitech G502 Hero  mouse it's on sale for $37 right now (could change) on amazon, I personally think it may be the best wired mouse on earth, mhm.

And it has RGB.

I have had my blackwidow keyboard for over 3 years and it's still going strong. But I will agree that corsair k70s are solid. I have multiple friends that have them and honestly I was considering them as well back when I finally ended up with my blackwidow keyboard. Though I can't say that all of my experiences with razer products have been as good as my blackwidow keyboard. Had a razer headset that lasted about a year before the cable legit broke off the headset right where it hooks to the headset. Granted I have found that basically all headset by corsair logitech and the like are pretty crap. My hyperx cloud 2s on the other hand have lasted me for 3 years as well and I probably my all time favorite headset. Just a great value overall. 

9 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

I have had my blackwidow keyboard for over 3 years and it's still going strong. But I will agree that corsair k70s are solid. I have multiple friends that have them and honestly I was considering them as well back when I finally ended up with my blackwidow keyboard. Though I can't say that all of my experiences with razer products have been as good as my blackwidow keyboard. Had a razer headset that lasted about a year before the cable legit broke off the headset right where it hooks to the headset. Granted I have found that basically all headset by corsair logitech and the like are pretty crap. My hyperx cloud 2s on the other hand have lasted me for 3 years as well and I probably my all time favorite headset. Just a great value overall. 

My last razer product was a man'o'war headset that cost me $150

The top pad snapped off because it was 1cm thick cheap plastic being used on a obvious pressure point.

I just can't say anything positive about a company with such poor durability in their products.

And the way some of the old razer keys where made, could encourage dust and debris to enter the actual switch, which would cause the switch to have DoubleClick issues, atleast thats the only reasonable explanation i have for it after looking at the mechanical specs diagrams* for the switches

Thanks alot guys. But there is a logitech g813 rgb tactile and clicky at the store for 108 dollars it has gone on a 50% sale should i get it

IDK what to choose XD though the logitech is hitting a Big sale (50%) its original price is 216 USD

11 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

Not everybody wears headphones all the time you know. Some people spend hundreds or thousands on elaborate speaker systems. 

Peripheral preferences are personal and subjective. You are expressing your personal subjective preferences rather stridently. "I don't understand, how can you enjoy that," etc. etc. Well, because they're different people than you. Maybe chill. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

3 hours ago, Ploopyboi said:

Well I would fkst figure out what switches comes with each keyboard and see which one you want based off of that. If you are a touch typer than I would suggest not going for linear keys as you will likely misclick often or simply fail to click on the key fully. Honestly unless you are used to or would be willing to get use to always pushing down the keys fully and bottoming out I would stay clear of linear keys as its easy to mess up. By that I mean if you have linear keys you should always be bottoming out to ensure you pressed the key correctly because there is no actuation point to tell you that the button press has been registered. 

2 hours ago, Middcore said:

Not everybody wears headphones all the time you know. Some people spend hundreds or thousands on elaborate speaker systems. 

Peripheral preferences are personal and subjective. You are expressing your personal subjective preferences rather stridently. "I don't understand, how can you enjoy that," etc. etc. Well, because they're different people than you. Maybe chill. 

Yeah but if you are typing on reds then you will be bottoming out the key if you are actually typing correctly so it's basically just as loud. I have had multiple friends with reds k70s and that shit was loud when living with them. Eventually they realized this and switched to blues as they mostly got reds thinking it would be less noisy but if it was going to be loud regardless they would rather have blues. Also alot of the stuff I said isn't subjective. Reds are legitimately harder to type on than other key switches because they have no indication of the key click being registered meaning you are required to bottom out the key.