Legion Y530-15ICH Laptop (Lenovo) - Type 81FV 144hz monitor?

leaderra3d32

Hi everyone 

I need to know if my laptop support 144hz or not 

the seller told me that it support it but i can't find it only see 60hz and desktop work only with intel igpu 

I tried to change the desktop to use nvidia gtx 1050 gpi but with no luck any help ?

games use the nvidia gpu but there is no option in games to change to 144hz either 

29 minutes ago, Benji said:

According to Lenovo, the video output is, at best, 4096x2160@60Hz over HDMI (2.0), so no high refresh rate from what the Lenovo specifications say. It only exists with a 144Hz integrated display if you have chosen that option, but apparently you don't have that and it's not possible to drive high-refresh rate displays over another video output, you'll be limited to 60Hz.

http://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/Legion/Lenovo_Legion_Y530_15ICH/Lenovo_Legion_Y530_15ICH_Spec.pdf

so if I connect 144hz external monitor it will not work ? 

1 minute ago, Benji said:

It will work, but most likely not over 60Hz. Over HDMI 2.0 definitely not, for high refresh rate, HDMI 2.1 is required.

😞 I will not buy anything related to Lenovo again 

Just now, Benji said:

You get what you pay for, that's all I have to say. Not to mention that the HDMI specification is not Lenovo's doing.

I bought it very long time ago 

another question please 

my laptop has a 8gb 2666 mhz micron ram 

if I upgrade it to 24GB ram 8 + 16gb 2666 mhz ram will it work on dual or single mode ? 

3 minutes ago, Benji said:

You get what you pay for, that's all I have to say. Not to mention that the HDMI specification is not Lenovo's doing. Also, get informed before buying stuff instead of finding out that the things you want either don't work or are not available at all, and then complaining afterwards.

Edit: Also, what you could try is DisplayPort, the likelihood there is higher for supporting high refresh rates because this port supports it. If you buy an HDMI-only monitor it won't work at over 60Hz.

I sure that the seller (lenovo agent) has told me it was 144hz monitor but I was curios today if it can run 144hz and  gtx 1050 can't handle above 120fps anyway 

3 minutes ago, Benji said:

Well, they have some sort of "flex memory" mode. It will run in dual-channel for the first 8GB (meaning 16GB will be dual-channel), the other 8GB from the stick won't be addressed as dual-channel because the other memory stick is too small.

If you have the monitor already, you can try DisplayPort and see if it'll work at over 60Hz because the laptop has DisplayPort 1.4 which can do up to 2160p60Hz and should be capable of delivering more than 60Hz at lower resolutions. You'll need a DP to miniDP cable, though. If it doesn't work and you ordered it online, you can still send the monitor back.

So what you advice me to do buy  8 + 16gb ram 2666mhz or 8+8 For programming in android studio and programs like that and light gaming

Just now, Benji said:

"Monitor"? Do you happen to mean the integrated display? If he said so, it will have that, because this laptop exists with an integrated 144Hz display.

yeah integrated display I can't see 144hz any where in the system 😞 only 60hz I tried enter bios to see if there is an option to change the laptop from igpu to nvidia gpu but with no luck

7 minutes ago, Benji said:

Well, they have some sort of "flex memory" mode. It will run in dual-channel for the first 8GB (meaning 16GB will be dual-channel), the other 8GB from the stick won't be addressed as dual-channel because the other memory stick is too small.

If you have the monitor already, you can try DisplayPort and see if it'll work at over 60Hz because the laptop has DisplayPort 1.4 which can do up to 2160p60Hz and should be capable of delivering more than 60Hz at lower resolutions. You'll need a DP to miniDP cable, though. If it doesn't work and you ordered it online, you can still send the monitor back. Pretty much no monitor does over 60Hz over HDMI, they'll require DisplayPort to be used for that, which your laptop does have.

I will consider this if I bought external monitor and I hope it work over 60hz with display port Thanks 

1 minute ago, Benji said:

Lenovo themselves (in the PDF I linked for you) says it supports 16GB max with it's two slots consisting of 8+8GB. What I can say, though, is that these are most likely just specifications with which they ship the machines themselves while actually supporting more. 16+16GB should also work in theory, though Lenovo doesn't mention it.

8+8 should be sufficient for a lot of things, but you can still go for 8+16. If you want full dual-channel, go with either 8+8GB or try 16+16GB.

yeah I searched about this 16GB only and found another people that tried 32GB ram and it worked 

In the past I bought a HP pc in their website they mention that it can support up to 8GB ram only but I tried 16GB and it worked somehow 😂

4 minutes ago, Benji said:

Well, on such low-end gaming laptops, the integrated displays is always wired to the iGPU but not to the dGPU, that's why you can't switch them over.

And if the integrated display is supposed to have 144Hz support and doesn't, he apparenty lied to you or you don't find the right setting. You can download HWiNFO64 and look in the Display category. Share some screenshots if you like.

I'll hope so, too, but I don't see why it wouldn't over DisplayPort (although the compatible resolutions and refresh rates are also based on the device's firmware that can't be changed).

image.png.c20e13e842d16d41aa10fe414d8c5c1c.pngimage.png.1faa7a62cae6360675126ed44b57c3ec.png

6 minutes ago, Benji said:

Well, on such low-end gaming laptops, the integrated displays is always wired to the iGPU but not to the dGPU, that's why you can't switch them over.

And if the integrated display is supposed to have 144Hz support and doesn't, he apparenty lied to you or you don't find the right setting. You can download HWiNFO64 and look in the Display category. Share some screenshots if you like.

I'll hope so, too, but I don't see why it wouldn't over DisplayPort (although the compatible resolutions and refresh rates are also based on the device's firmware that can't be changed).

image.thumb.png.2ed7b20bebb4b42c0ac6ee2928a997fa.png