sticking an ice pack underneath my laptop, makes it out perform intel xeon 12c/24t

I stuck an ice pack under my laptop and ran cinebench, and it beat the intel Xeon X5650 at single core, and increased the performance of multi core by 600 pts, yay!

image.png.c6bc9e27038c0da39a9ddd2ce62cdcaa.pngimage.png.e81ea970b100dff3debd83d59a1231f1.png

considering this is a third gen intel cpu, I am surprised I guess

What

You might be able to keep this performance if you just download and open throttlestop and set the power limit in tpl menu to 99999 on both short and long power limit, will def boost performance if you have power throttling issues but make sure it doesnt thermal throttle.

As big as an accomplish it is , it is a bad idea . The ice can create moisture on the laptop's motherboard and shortcicuit.

If my answer is correct or is helpful please mark it as the solution. Quote me in your post to summon me. Beware that after summoning me ill never leave. 

7 minutes ago, Gamer4714 said:

As big as an accomplish it is , it is a bad idea . The ice can create moisture on the laptop's motherboard and shortcicuit.

As long as you dont put the ice near a port or something you should be fine

my laptop has a metallic bottom with no vents for water to going though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

7 minutes ago, Gamer4714 said:

Just now, Somerandomtechyboi said:

If the Laptop has vents under it , it would also cause a problem.

If my answer is correct or is helpful please mark it as the solution. Quote me in your post to summon me. Beware that after summoning me ill never leave. 

1 minute ago, Darklight-user said:

my laptop has a metallic bottom with no vents for water to going though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Ok. It can also go in through the gap between the display and the laptop body. All I am saying is that it's a bad idea that could cause your laptop to die

23 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Actually, no. The large temperature differential can cause water molecules in the air to condense on the components inside the laptop. It's not about the actual liquid from the ice itself.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse