looking for a decent sub 700$ laptop

In terms of usage, i'll only use it for online schooling, basic editing, and basic programming. So a decent cpu would be appreciated (Preferably amd) and i'll also need a decent battery life 

and when it comes to gaming, i wont game on the machine too much, even if i do, i'll problaly just play some simple games like csgo, TF2, indie platformers, and emulating old consoles. So a good gpu isnt really necesarry, but a decent one would be appreciated (im fine with playing on low res)

-Main PC-

CPU Ryzen 3 3100 | | Motherboard ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 | | GPU PowerColor Red Dragon RX 580 | |RAM 16GB Patriot Viper Steel 3000MHz | | PSU Corsair CX550 80+ Bronze | | SSD Kingston A400 240GB | | HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM  | |Case Phanteks P300

-Laptop-

HP Elite 820 G4

Intel I5-7200U

Intel HD 620

8GB DDR4

500GB SSD

23 minutes ago, SomeonesDad said:

In terms of usage, i'll only use it for online schooling, basic editing, and basic programming. So a decent cpu would be appreciated (Preferably amd) and i'll also need a decent battery life 

and when it comes to gaming, i wont game on the machine too much, even if i do, i'll problaly just play some simple games like csgo, TF2, indie platformers, and emulating old consoles. So a good gpu isnt really necesarry, but a decent one would be appreciated (im fine with playing on low res)

700$ is a very tight budget.

Best I could think of last year Lenovo IdeaPad model:

https://www.newegg.com/black-lenovo-gaming-3-82ey002bus/p/2WC-000J-00TR2

image.png.ea6cabaea708489bda5d36485fb6a0a8.png

Should be adequate for your use-case.

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

Used thinkpad P50

Mine was 540$ shipped after tax with the specs at the time of a Xeon e3 1505m v5, 16gb of ddr4, a 4gb Quadro m2000m, 250gb ssd and the 1080p ips panel option.

After adding 3 SSDs and 64gb of ram it’s well past that 700$ mark but these older used workstations are great buys today.

Gets about 6 hours of regular use battery life but it’s a swappable battery so you can always just get more batteries.

1F34626C-5E2C-4520-B597-BEB79CCE6934.jpeg

Get something used and if battery is not lasting long enough, replace it. Local repair service/ shop might have something for you. 

If you look for 2.5 inch SSD instead of newer small size ones it's totally possible to fit inside your budget.

You are looking at a 4500u laptop then

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=4500u&ref=nb_sb_noss

Though if the igpu performance isnt enough even if youve upgraded the ram to dual channel, then you might also want to oc thr igpu by raising the igpu clockspeed in ryzen controller, performance in general might be helped if you raise the tdp by 2-5w, and you may wish to raise the vrm current limit by 5a or if you like taking risks 10a.