Why can't my pc run windows 11?

Shifter2015_

Hey! I downloaded the pc health check program and it says my pc can't run windows 11.

My specs are:

Windows 10

Radeon r7 260x

Intel core i5-4590

8GB DDR3 ram

What do i need to upgrade to be able to run windows 11?

Thank you in advance.

Windows 11 requires Intel 8th gen or better, mostly for TPM 2.0 support, I think.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

You need an 8th-gen or newer Intel CPU, or any AMD Ryzen CPU. 

If your motherboard supports it, you might be able to get a TPM 2.0 module, but there might be other things keeping you off it. 

If it makes you feel any better, Windows 10 will be supported till at least 2025, and is virtually identical outside of the new glassy look. 

Work Rigs - 2015 15" MBP | 2019 15" MBP | 2021 16" M1 Max MBP | Lenovo ThinkPad T490 |

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X  |  MSI B550 Gaming Plus  |  64GB G.SKILL 3200 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference RX 6800  |  WD Black SN750 1TB NVMe  |  Corsair RM750  |  Corsair H115i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  Dell S2721DGF  |

Fun Rig - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  |  MSI B550 Tomahawk  |  32GB G.SKILL 3600 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference 6800XT  | Creative Sound Blaster Z  |  WD Black SN850 500GB NVMe  |  WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe  |  WD Blue 1TB SATA SSD  |  Corsair RM850x  |  Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  LG 27GP850  |

12 minutes ago, Action_Johnson said:

You need an 8th-gen or newer Intel CPU, or any AMD Ryzen CPU. 

If your motherboard supports it, you might be able to get a TPM 2.0 module, but there might be other things keeping you off it. 

If it makes you feel any better, Windows 10 will be supported till at least 2025, and is virtually identical outside of the new glassy look. 

my motherboard is a gigabyte Z97-HD3

29 minutes ago, Shifter2015_ said:

Hey! I downloaded the pc health check program and it says my pc can't run windows 11.

My specs are:

Windows 10

Radeon r7 260x

Intel core i5-4590

8GB DDR3 ram

What do i need to upgrade to be able to run windows 11?

Thank you in advance.

25 minutes ago, Shifter2015_ said:

My motherboard is a gigabyte Z97-HD3

The official requirements for windows 11 fit only hardware from around 2 generations max (when it comes to CPU's at least), its ridiculous so imho just ignore windows 11 and just stick to windows 10 as it still has support until 2025. Only then think about upgrading or switching over to newer components though in my honest opinion if enough people do this you really wont have to worry because Microsoft will chicken out and release either a fix for older hardware to run or a new windows all together.

1 hour ago, Shifter2015_ said:

my motherboard is a gigabyte Z97-HD3

I'm not sure why you're repeating this. I linked the official document above with the compatible Intel CPU's.

11 hours ago, rickeo said:

I'm not sure why you're repeating this. I linked the official document above with the compatible Intel CPU's.

Is it the TPM?

13 hours ago, Chris Pratt said:

Windows 11 requires Intel 8th gen or better, mostly for TPM 2.0 support, I think.

Not the reason. TPM 2.0 isnt new and not limited to 8th gen or newer.

CPU: i7 6700k @4.5GHZ | Mobo: MSI Z170 Gaming M5 | RAM: G Skill Rip Jaws V- 16GB | GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT | Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM, Kingston SSD-now 100V+ 128GB, WD Black 600GB, WD Blue 500GB, Intel 600p 256GB nvme SSD |PSU:Corsair CX750M| Cooling: Corsair H60| Displays: 27" LG IPS277L, Samsung Curved 72hz Freesync 27 inch, Epson EX7220 Projector with 100 inch 16:10 Screen | Kb: Corsair Vengeance K70 | Mouse: R.A.T. 4 |  Case:  NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) | OS: Win 10 Home 64 Bit

12 hours ago, Seyrren said:

The official requirements for windows 11 fit only hardware from around 2 generations max (when it comes to CPU's at least), its ridiculous so imho just ignore windows 11 and just stick to windows 10 as it still has support until 2025. Only then think about upgrading or switching over to newer components though in my honest opinion if enough people do this you really wont have to worry because Microsoft will chicken out and release either a fix for older hardware to run or a new windows all together.

The cpu gen lock will be removed, its one of the top rated feedback complaints on the insider forum, that and remove TPM 2.0 lock. For now they have their heads firmly up their own rears though.

CPU: i7 6700k @4.5GHZ | Mobo: MSI Z170 Gaming M5 | RAM: G Skill Rip Jaws V- 16GB | GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT | Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM, Kingston SSD-now 100V+ 128GB, WD Black 600GB, WD Blue 500GB, Intel 600p 256GB nvme SSD |PSU:Corsair CX750M| Cooling: Corsair H60| Displays: 27" LG IPS277L, Samsung Curved 72hz Freesync 27 inch, Epson EX7220 Projector with 100 inch 16:10 Screen | Kb: Corsair Vengeance K70 | Mouse: R.A.T. 4 |  Case:  NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) | OS: Win 10 Home 64 Bit

2 hours ago, MahtXL said:

The cpu gen lock will be removed, its one of the top rated feedback complaints on the insider forum, that and remove TPM 2.0 lock. For now they have their heads firmly up their own rears though.

Honestly the only positive side to this is that the management department seems to have pees for brains, right now in this global electronic shortage is the worst time to try and pull up this stunt, sure there are a few people who fell for it, just by looking in the forums you can see loads of people that the very idea that they can wait it out for at least 4 years on windows 10 with full security and bug fixes seems to elude them, they just want to rush and get the latest thing regardless of how good or bad it is... But considering the financial impact Corona had on many, the state of the electronic and especially of the IT market, this is the worst time to pull this stunt, maybe a bit over 2 years ago they would have had a better chance but right now it seems doomed for failure. Though MS being the salty and haughty  bastard it always had been will probably try to push this hard for a few months up to around 1 year before they will retract it and either build a new windows or patch 11, though to be honest, i don't think they will patch windows 11, they will just give up on it and launch a new windows with more hardware support. If you look at their track record this is what they always did when things went bad, they abandoned the OS and moved the marketing to the new OS (like with vista and windows 8).

• 3 months later...

Okay so I installed win 11 on two i5-4570s but when I try to install it on a i5-4590 it kicks a cpu not supported. Neither CPU is on the supported list. From what I have read so far about 11 is that you only need a  TPM 2.0 if you are doing an upgrade, A clean install won't require it. The 4570's were a dell and a lenovo but the other was a Custom build with a MSI mobo.

Win 11.jpg

It's quite possible to install Windows 11 on virtually any machine using various hacks.

I've already tested it on about 8 different machines, including a Duo Core with no problems.

You can also install it into a VM if you wish to try it out without using your main machine.

All of these were upgraded from activated Windows 10.

A clean install doesn't guarantee that you can run it on an unsupported machine unless you create a special bootable flash drive, though I haven't bothered with that method because Windows 11 would then require an activation key.