Never buy an HP prebuilt

Two years ago I made a decision to get a Prebuilt. I didn't want to have the headache to build myself a pc or invest the time to search for PC parts, so I went for the easy way and bought an HP Pavilion TG01-0039ns. At first the computer was running great, it ran almost all games and I could edit with Photoshop and Premier. But after some heavy use over the months the pc started to go way slower. So I opened it up and check what it could be. And I found out that with Ryzen cpu's single channel memory could restrict the performance of CPU. And I started saving for some RAM, but mean while the performance was going from bad to worst. And after some months i changed the RAM, and i started to go a bit Better for a few months, and finally HP did a Bios Update that killed my pc. Games started to go very slowly, Premier started to crash A LOT and Photoshop too (I study and work from this PC so it is essential that my PC works). So I finally called tech support. And then said to reinstall windows (Making me delete all my files), and formating my PC twice. And they said that we will do one last test and if doesn't work  we will send it to the repair center. So after one week I call to do the last test and they say that they cannot do anything because I modified the PC by putting new RAM. So now I am broke, with a PC that works only with half the performance that it used to work.

Mixing quite a few things together here.

Single channel RAM is very common on budget oriented prebuilds so thats nothing special to HP.

You claim that the computer got slower, so that not a RAM issue but either bloatware/virus or some HW issue like the cooler getting loose or collecting dust.

HP didn't "do" a BIOS upgrade, you did install an BIOS upgrade that HP provided and failed.

Now HP having an issue about you adding more RAM into a computer that is supposed to be expandable is 100% nonsense and most likely a cop out  to not fix whatever issue is at hand.

Yea when i meant the bios update i meant that. Sorry english is not my First language

Degradation in performance is probably due to bloatware + faster degradation of the VRMs (due to lack of heatsink) + the BIOS update.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

How much disk space is left?  How many drives and what types?  

Just now, Heliian said:

How much disk space is left?  How many drives and what types?  

nvme of 256 gb with about 90 gb left (windows installed in NVME) and 1 tb hard drive with 500 gb left 

Check your installed programs and remove all the unnecessary ones to see if that helps.  Remove discord if you haven't already and try again. 

3 hours ago, anandmike201 said:

Two years ago I made a decision to get a Prebuilt. I didn't want to have the headache to build myself a pc or invest the time to search for PC parts, so I went for the easy way and bought an HP Pavilion TG01-0039ns. At first the computer was running great, it ran almost all games and I could edit with Photoshop and Premier. But after some heavy use over the months the pc started to go way slower. So I opened it up and check what it could be. And I found out that with Ryzen cpu's single channel memory could restrict the performance of CPU. And I started saving for some RAM, but mean while the performance was going from bad to worst. And after some months i changed the RAM, and i started to go a bit Better for a few months, and finally HP did a Bios Update that killed my pc. Games started to go very slowly, Premier started to crash A LOT and Photoshop too (I study and work from this PC so it is essential that my PC works). So I finally called tech support. And then said to reinstall windows (Making me delete all my files), and formating my PC twice. And they said that we will do one last test and if doesn't work  we will send it to the repair center. So after one week I call to do the last test and they say that they cannot do anything because I modified the PC by putting new RAM. So now I am broke, with a PC that works only with half the performance that it used to work.

Unmodify and send it in. Ram is just as easy to remove as it is to instal...

11 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

Unmodify and send it in. Ram is just as easy to remove as it is to instal...

Yea they said that ithe moment that i installed the ram the warranty was void

* your thread was moved to the Laptops and Pre-Built Systems *

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

9 hours ago, anandmike201 said:

Yea they said that ithe moment that i installed the ram the warranty was void

Pull it out, they would never know that it was in there.