Are These Companies Legit??

There are these weird tech "companies" that pop up everywhere, and unfortunately many don't get coverage. Today I was searching for a laptop because I have been traveling a lot lately and when I searched 2060 I went to the shopping tab and saw... Evoo laptops from Walmart??? They seem insanely cheap so I assumed they were fake right away, but I was intrigued because these weren't too far looking at more. When I did an internet search I saw a few things on Reddit and Notebookcheck.net (a news source). On both it seemed like most on Reddit commenters went unsure and they said it could be real because many laptops use the Tongfang chassis, and a partner company that calibrates screens and speakers are partnered with Razer and Panasonic just to name a few. (THX) On there website the also list Evoo as one of there proud business partners. I would just like too know if anybody has experience  with the company or if they think there legit. Here are some sources if you would like to take a look for yourself. 

1. https://www.walmart.com/search?query=evoo&redirect=false  

2. https://www.reddit.com/r/SuggestALaptop/comments/e0hm0y/is_evoo_a_brand_i_can_trust/

3.https://www.thx.com/thx-partners/

4.https://evooproducts.com/lp8.html

5.https://www.notebookcheck.net/Where-are-all-these-Walmart-laptops-coming-from-Tongfang-is-the-source.445489.0.html

Why wouldn't you think they're legit if they have partners like THX? THX isn't going to simply throw brands on there that someone's made up overnight with fake products. Not only that, you yourself have posted enough material to show they're not fake.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

They're very cheap, but they're legitimate. Not sure why you think they're not given all the research you've done. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

18 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Why wouldn't you think they're legit if they have partners like THX? THX isn't going to simply throw brands on there that someone's made up overnight with fake products. Not only that, you yourself have posted enough material to show they're not fake.

i mean to be fair THX is owned by razer now and holds zero meaning now xP 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

9 minutes ago, -CLASSIFIED- said:

i mean to be fair THX is owned by razer now and holds zero meaning now xP 

That's not true at all.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 hours ago, dizmo said:

That's not true at all.

It is. Razer bought them to slap the logo on all of their junk.

THX really doesn’t have any significance anymore.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

5 hours ago, Roswell said:

It is. Razer bought them to slap the logo on all of their junk.

THX really doesn’t have any significance anymore.

When and what proof do you have? THX is owned by LucasArts.

Nevermind... When did this happen? /facepalm.

image.png.14a12863b6289be8e95a9a6ce8482980.png

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Note: I have found that it's also sold my Microsoft and on Amazon plus a Linus review and many other factors say legit...

Side Note: Its not Extra-Virgin Olive Oil Laptops is it?

There are a lot of non mainstream brands that are making decent stuff. Well, acceptable to decent, sometimes pretty great. Evoo is on the “acceptable” end, it’s what it advertises.

You can’t just look at some weird brand and immediately presume it’s fake or a scam, because there’s lots of genuine products out there that are just under weird names. Look at the entire “chi-fi” scene for example, would you believe for a second that the names Hidizs, Hiby, iBasso, Shanling, Lotoo or Cowon are not only legitimate brands, but they’re making some of the absolute best of the high end portable audio players on the market? They’re putting out products with 4 digit price tags to compete with the likes of Astell&Kern or Fiio and doing exceedingly well.

But if you didn’t know what those brands were, you’d probably see a Hiby R5 and just think it’s an knock off sony Walkman a105.

Be mindful that other brands do exist, and it’s worth researching them to see what they’re about. Because just immediately presuming everything that isn’t a big name is fake or a scam is lame.

The reason for many of these lesser known brands popping up is Chinese markets starting to export directly to customers. Many of the brands you see are already established OEM for the bigger brands you know.

The problem is that since these aren't sold by big retailers (yet), they haven't been established by reviewers. No big reviews makes you sceptical. That is, unless
you go and look reviews on another language and region. Somewhere where these brands already have good standing and are better available than the big names.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

9 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

The reason for many of these lesser known brands popping up is Chinese markets starting to export directly to customers. Many of the brands you see are already established OEM for the bigger brands you know.

This, a lot of these companies that are just showing their face in the US/EU now like Segotep or Aigo are companies that basically just used to make components themselves that got rebranded. They make really good examples of this.

Segotep used to be owned by Colorful, and was making coolers and cases and later power supplies under their own name. They now make just about everything except gpus and storage. Aigo has been around since **1993** and has made everything remotely computer related in that time, now you mostly see their cases and coolers but they also make power supplies and fans and have gotten large enough to actually just rebrand other stuff. Their high end power supplies are in-house designs from their own subsidiaries but their low end stuff is just regular old FSP rebrands.

It’s a little surprising when you dig into this stuff because these brands you don’t really think much of beyond “they’re some no name Chinese brand that’s only existed for a few years” turn out to be these massive things and you’re really only seeing the tip of the iceberg outside of China.

Years ago I had built this PC entirely from Chinese company parts:

A4A2ECB6-837D-4ACF-9F64-1A335B732DBE.thumb.jpeg.2c081e7ca480b26b3a19dd46c3069f37.jpeg

I think the only thing in here that wasn’t directly from China was the cpu. There are no mainstream US/EU brands in there. And it turned out to be an eye opener into the world of Chinese AIBs, because that cooler is dope, ASL makes every Nvidia gpu there is, Aigo makes some really nice power supplies for the price, maxsun makes motherboards with good feature sets for cheap, goldenfir makes overwhelmingly average SSDs, and the rajintek Metis is a case I later used for a lot of different builds.

Interesting stuff, it’s worth looking into these brands and keeping an optimistic mindset towards them rather than just presuming they’re fake, because more often than not you can find some really nice stuff tucked away under a strange Chinese name.