Might be time to drop dBrand as a sponsor (if they haven't already)

Arika

Yeah the complaint is kinda dumb but at the same time actually raising the price of shipping (if it wasn't a preplanned move already) is also kinda petty. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

38 minutes ago, Shreyas1 said:

Yeah the complaint is kinda dumb but at the same time actually raising the price of shipping (if it wasn't a preplanned move already) is also kinda petty. 

There is absolutely zero chance that they just raised the shipping price because that one dude complained about it on Twitter.

Zero percent chance. Changes like that - even in a relatively small company - need to go through the proper chain of command. Their business execs would have made the change due to a cost-benefit analysis and likely due to rising shipping costs.

Was it kind of dumb for them to make a joke out of it? Maybe so. Although from what I gather, being "Edgy" is kind of a marketing stunt for them that a lot of their customers find funny. I know that a friend of mine has tweeted at Dbrand before and gotten funny/edgy comments in return.

I do not think that these comments would warrant LTT "blacklisting" them as a sponsor. I mean, really - have you seen the kind of humour the LTT team has? They seem the type that would find DBrand's comments hilarious - particularly because Linus used to work management in retail, so he *knows* about a lot of the logistical decisions made about things like Free Shipping, and about how expensive shipping in Canada is.

TL;DR, don't bitch about free shipping, because they could just, you know, not offer free shipping at all.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

dBrand is savagely awesome on social media.
People tend to take things way to fucking serious...

Fyi they joke more then anything else. And that thing about the free shipping was hilarious.

They act like a troll, and i feel like all of youz falling for it. But then they do take your moneys.

So i get it.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

• 1 month later...

I like dbrands attitude. It's hilarious.

Wouldn't work for every company, but it works for them.

Especially funny that they actually raised the threshold. Props to them.

That's marketing done right. Just think how they can troll someone into whining about them, thus reaching even more people.