windows 11 does supported not core i7-7700k?

sinagun
3 minutes ago, sinagun said:

I search the full list no core i7-7700k

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/minimum/supported/windows-11-supported-intel-processors

win11 eror 2.PNG

Interestingly, it does not support for now. If it doesn't have to do anything with Trusted Code Execution then I don't know.

i quote

"Supported processors

Microsoft has listed all the processors supported by Windows 11 on its website. An overview of the list shows us that it will support the 8th Gen and newer Intel Core processors and Apollo Lake and recent versions of Pentium and Celeron processors."

So the 7th gen of intel is not supported

24 minutes ago, sinagun said:

Correct.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

* your thread was moved to the Windows section *

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

7 hours ago, kugame20 said:

i quote

"Supported processors

Microsoft has listed all the processors supported by Windows 11 on its website. An overview of the list shows us that it will support the 8th Gen and newer Intel Core processors and Apollo Lake and recent versions of Pentium and Celeron processors."

So the 7th gen of intel is not supported

And HEDT and TR hardware is not supported as well from my digging, but seeing the community is already finding work around a on this 👍🤘

Project Gray Scale
Intel Core i7 6900k @ 4.2Ghz - Dominator 32GB DDR4 2400 CL10 - Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB NVMe - 2 Samsung 840 EVO 1TB (Gaming and Sratch) - 2 Barracuda 2TB 
Asus x99 Deluxe - MSI Aero OC GTX 1080Ti - Seasonic 760 XP² - Mod1PC Custom Cables - EKWB CPU & GPU Blocks Nickle/Plexi - EKWB D5 PWM 
EKWB PE360 - Corsair ML120 (6)  - InWin 303- NK65 Entry Watermelon w/ Gat Laseron 70g (205g0 & Filmed) - Logitech G Pro x Superlight
Kanto YU2 - Sennheiser PC360 SE - Acer XF270HU

BUT DOES IT FOLD?! https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=963814

26 minutes ago, DarthBaggins said:

And HEDT and TR hardware is not supported as well from my digging, but seeing the community is already finding work around a on this 👍🤘

Threadripper 2nd gen and up is supported. 

9 hours ago, m9x3mos said:

Threadripper 2nd gen and up is supported. 

ah didn't catch that, I noticed only 10 series X and related Xeon's are allowed which I find annoying since a majority is pretty much the same chip from the 7000 x series generation on x299 and the same die size even from Broadwell-E (which is what I'm running).  But now that I know I can force a bootloader w/ the 21H1 loader and pull the wim from 11 onto it.

Project Gray Scale
Intel Core i7 6900k @ 4.2Ghz - Dominator 32GB DDR4 2400 CL10 - Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB NVMe - 2 Samsung 840 EVO 1TB (Gaming and Sratch) - 2 Barracuda 2TB 
Asus x99 Deluxe - MSI Aero OC GTX 1080Ti - Seasonic 760 XP² - Mod1PC Custom Cables - EKWB CPU & GPU Blocks Nickle/Plexi - EKWB D5 PWM 
EKWB PE360 - Corsair ML120 (6)  - InWin 303- NK65 Entry Watermelon w/ Gat Laseron 70g (205g0 & Filmed) - Logitech G Pro x Superlight
Kanto YU2 - Sennheiser PC360 SE - Acer XF270HU

BUT DOES IT FOLD?! https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=963814

Microsoft is calling its CPU support a “soft floor” that will give users a small bit of leniency. So, if you have a four-year-old Intel Core i7-7700K, you should still be able to install it. There are just no promises from the company that it will work the way it should, or how long it will actually work with the CPU.

That's definitely not a smart move from Microsoft. It will force the majority of the users to remain on Windows 10 way after it reaches its end-of-life - creating all kinds of security problems.

tested Win 11 Pro on 7700K (mainboard msi z270 m7)

test.jpg

my pc support everything except secure boot

but i have the i7 7700k aswell
 secure boot is enabled on the bios but windwos say it unsupported 

20 hours ago, PeterSqu said:

tested Win 11 Pro on 7700K (mainboard msi z270 m7)

test.jpg

And how did it run? How were you able to install windows 11 please share?

On 6/27/2021 at 5:31 PM, Vexter1337 said:

Microsoft is calling its CPU support a “soft floor” that will give users a small bit of leniency. So, if you have a four-year-old Intel Core i7-7700K, you should still be able to install it. There are just no promises from the company that it will work the way it should, or how long it will actually work with the CPU.

Soft floor was removed from their site.

CPU: i7 6700k @4.5GHZ | Mobo: MSI Z170 Gaming M5 | RAM: G Skill Rip Jaws V- 16GB | GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT | Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM, Kingston SSD-now 100V+ 128GB, WD Black 600GB, WD Blue 500GB, Intel 600p 256GB nvme SSD |PSU:Corsair CX750M| Cooling: Corsair H60| Displays: 27" LG IPS277L, Samsung Curved 72hz Freesync 27 inch, Epson EX7220 Projector with 100 inch 16:10 Screen | Kb: Corsair Vengeance K70 | Mouse: R.A.T. 4 |  Case:  NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) | OS: Win 10 Home 64 Bit

Seems they have pulled the health check tool too - looks like there may be some revisions to this hardware list coming, probably from feedback and data from the insider programme.

Hope so anyways since my laptop has a 7700HQ 😬

I have the same cpu as you guys but no option in the bios.

Is anyone running an ASUS motherboard? if so what BIOS version are you using?

4 hours ago, IceGripe said:

I have the same cpu as you guys but no option in the bios.

Is anyone running an ASUS motherboard? if so what BIOS version are you using?

Your CPU is not supported. Only 8th Gen Intel CPU or newer are supported now.

This MAY change, but as of now, no support

On 6/28/2021 at 1:41 PM, DarkW8 said:

my pc support everything except secure boot

but i have the i7 7700k aswell
 secure boot is enabled on the bios but windwos say it unsupported 

Your CPU is not supported.  Windows 10 will be supported and have updates until 2025.

If you guys are wondering why?

The short version is that Microsoft doesn't want to make another Vista. Where the specs where above most people installing Vista on, and even were OEM selling.

Microsoft will enable security features that only the 8th gen Intel CPU and AMD Ryzen 2000 and up has the ability to deliver with minimal performance impact.

What will people do in the end? They'll say: "WOW Windows 11 is so slow!!! It is super bloated! WTF Microsoft? You can't code?!". Instead of "Yup... time to upgrade my system".

Vista system specs were high, but most people didn't have the required specs to run the OS properly. It took about 3 years for the hardware to start catching up in the more med range system and bellow. The OS was ahead of its time for most PCs. Microsoft wants to really make it known that Windows 11 was designed for modern hardware and only runs on modern hardware. They didn't with Vista, and it played a big part in painting the OS as this horrible unusable OS. Yes, it was unusable on crap system but fine if you had the specs.

In addition, 8th Intel chips and AMD Ryzen 2000 features chip security fixes.

If you more detail on Windows 11 specs, here is a great article:

https://www.techrepublic.com/article/windows-11-understanding-the-system-requirements-and-the-security-benefits/

All Microsoft said, is that based on the performance impact collected from Insiders they may consider the 7th gen Intel CPU, or just some of them, same for AMD Ryzen 1000 series.

9 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

If you guys are wondering why?

The short version is that Microsoft doesn't want to make another Vista. Where the specs where above most people installing Vista on, and even were OEM selling.

Microsoft will enable security features that only the 8th gen Intel CPU and AMD Ryzen 2000 and up has the ability to deliver with minimal performance impact.

What will people do in the end? They'll say: "WOW Windows 11 is so slow!!! It is super bloated! WTF Microsoft? You can't code?!". Instead of "Yup... time to upgrade my system".

Vista system specs were high, but most people didn't have the required specs to run the OS properly. It took about 3 years for the hardware to start catching up in the more med range system and bellow. The OS was ahead of its time for most PCs. Microsoft wants to really make it known that Windows 11 was designed for modern hardware and only runs on modern hardware. They didn't with Vista, and it played a big part in painting the OS as this horrible unusable OS. Yes, it was unusable on crap system but fine if you had the specs.

In addition, 8th Intel chips and AMD Ryzen 2000 features chip security fixes.

If you more detail on Windows 11 specs, here is a great article:

https://www.techrepublic.com/article/windows-11-understanding-the-system-requirements-and-the-security-benefits/

All Microsoft said, is that based on the performance impact collected from Insiders they may consider the 7th gen Intel CPU, or just some of them, same for AMD Ryzen 1000 series.

That is trash talk that anything below 8th Gen have massive impact on performance. Only one difference between 7th and 8th they get more core. Microsoft officially support for example Intel Atom® x6200FE that is only 1 Ghz and 2 core 2 Thread CPU and this CPU I'm pretty sure it  will have many time worse performance in Windows 11 than any top tier Core series 4-7th Gen. Btw Windows 10 officially not support anything below 6th Gen but W10 run perfect even on 4th Gen and don't have any impact on performance. Compared 7th Gen and 8th Gen basically there is no fundamental change only increase core number, L3 cache, boots clock, higher RAM speed support and add support for CNVi that is basically is not even important for desktop PC. All this call that Windows 11 reduce malware by 60% is ridiculous as well just wait Windows 11 release than wait half maybe 1 year and we will see new vulnerability in all this security feature. They safe now because almost in all PC this days is disabled by default all this TPM and secure boot but than it become common it take just time till someone find vulnerability in all this security feature. Most ridiculous that we have no alternative OS choose due all other OS lack of support for gaming. You can find other OS for casual works but for gaming no choose only Windows and that probably never change due it require changes as well from game developers too support new OS. Technically Linux could run games but it lack of support from game developer sides.

• 1 month later...
On 6/27/2021 at 11:31 PM, Vexter1337 said:

Sauce?

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2021 at 9:45 PM, Mark Kaine said:

Sauce?

I believe this is true because my best mate just got Windows 11 Beta build upgrade via Windows update with a Z270 MSI Gaming Pro and a 7700K. 

He just joined the insider program and Beta channel, then went into BIOS, enabled Secure Boot and TPM 2.0 and now Windows 11 is coming through via Windows Update. Currently installing. Will report back when and if the install finishes succesfully. 

PC Setup: 

HYTE Y60 White/Black + Custom ColdZero ventilation sidepanel

Intel Core i7-10700K + Corsair Hydro Series H100x

G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 32GB (F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR)

ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3080Ti OC LC

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-G GAMING (Wi-Fi)

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Crucial MX500 2TB

Crucial MX300 1TB

Corsair HX1200i

Peripherals: 

Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 G95NC 57"

Samsung Odyssey Neo G7 32"

ASUS ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition Wireless

ASUS ROG Claymore II Wireless

ASUS ROG Sheath BLK LTD'

Corsair SP2500

Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO X (Limited Editon) & Beyerdynamic TYGR 300R + FiiO K7 DAC/AMP

RØDE VideoMic II + Elgato WAVE Mic Arm

Racing SIM Setup: 

Sim-Lab GT1 EVO Sim Racing Cockpit + Sim-Lab GT1 EVO Single Screen holder

Svive Racing D1 Seat

Samsung Odyssey G9 49"

Simagic Alpha Mini

Simagic GT4 (Dual Clutch)

CSL Elite Pedals V2

Logitech K400 Plus

4 minutes ago, BetteBalterZen said:

I believe this is true because my best mate just got Windows 11 Beta build via Windows update with a Z270 MSI Gaming Pro and a 7700K. 

But "beta" and final product aren't the same thing, currently  ms stance is 8th gen "hard" floor, afaik. Hence asking for source for this rather wild claim...

Don't get me wrong,  I believe ms will "soften" the floor, but only after a severe backlash, which with how consumers currently  are (Stockholm syndrome overdose) im not even sure to happen. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

3 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

But "beta" and final product aren't the same thing,

That is true. 

PC Setup: 

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Crucial MX500 2TB

Crucial MX300 1TB

Corsair HX1200i

Peripherals: 

ASUS ROG Sheath BLK LTD'

Corsair SP2500

Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO X (Limited Editon) & Beyerdynamic TYGR 300R + FiiO K7 DAC/AMP

Racing SIM Setup: 

Svive Racing D1 Seat

Samsung Odyssey G9 49"

Simagic Alpha Mini

CSL Elite Pedals V2

Logitech K400 Plus

Yup - Windows 11 installed without any issues (via Windows Update/Insider official way) on my mates PC (7700K) 

Just fyi

PC Setup: 

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Crucial MX500 2TB

Crucial MX300 1TB

Corsair HX1200i

Peripherals: 

ASUS ROG Sheath BLK LTD'

Corsair SP2500

Racing SIM Setup: 

Svive Racing D1 Seat

Samsung Odyssey G9 49"

Simagic Alpha Mini

CSL Elite Pedals V2

Logitech K400 Plus