Wireless Headset + Go XLR - audio is reversed

Liborio
Go to solution Solved by Liborio,
8 hours ago, Caennanu said:

It makes sence, yes. And if you connect the line in to the line out on the back of the Go XLR? And route accordingly ofcourse.

I figured it out. Was the GLI. I disconnected it and the issue went away but had a load of buzz and unwanted noise so will need to probably get a different one and hope it works as expected.

Hi,

I have a Logitech G pro wireless and a Go XLR Mini. The audio when using these together seems to output as opposite (sounds from left are in right ear and sounds from right are in left ear). As these are wireless, I use the line in on my pc to connect to the Go XLR and have the line in on my audio options to listen to my device (the Logitech headset). It all works perfect except the directional audio is opposite.

https://imgur.com/a/qjWJrDK

Has anyone experienced this or know how i can fix it?

Thank you.

How do you have the g pro connected to the Go XLR? or is there software controlling the wireless input of the headset to run through the XLR?

Sorry I probably edited my post. Refresh plz. Build Specs Below.

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
  • RAM
    32 GB (2X8) Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CAS 16
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
    Sabrent 1 TB TLC PCI 4.0 NVMe M.2
  • PSU
    NZXT C850 Gold PSU
  • Display(s)
    MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34" UWQHD
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT 240mm
  • Operating System
    Windows 11

2 minutes ago, mr fobs said:

How do you have the g pro connected to the Go XLR? or is there software controlling the wireless input of the headset to run through the XLR?

It is connected using the line in on my PC to the headset port on the go xlr using the config shown in the screenshot.

This here is the exact reason i went for a wireless headset with a docking that had a line in. that way the only thing it has to do is play the audio it receives from the line out on my Mini XLR.

When it comes to your issue however, i'm geussing it should be a software fix, where you switch left and right. Most likely somewhere in Ghub or something similar.

Gamesystem: X3700, 32GB memory @3200mhz, GTX1080 Hybrid

Unraid system: Epyc 7352, 24/48, 96GB ECC buffered @2666mhz, 2x GT710, GTX1050Ti

12 minutes ago, Caennanu said:

This here is the exact reason i went for a wireless headset with a docking that had a line in. that way the only thing it has to do is play the audio it receives from the line out on my Mini XLR.

When it comes to your issue however, i'm geussing it should be a software fix, where you switch left and right. Most likely somewhere in Ghub or something similar.

Very true mate. Unfortuantely, i dont see an option anywhere at all either on Windows or G hub where i can switch this around.

Do you have any ideas of where this might be?

3 minutes ago, Liborio said:

Very true mate. Unfortuantely, i dont see an option anywhere at all either on Windows or G hub where i can switch this around.

Do you have any ideas of where this might be?

haven't got a clue. Can't find anything in the GoXLR app, nor in the windows section 😞

If you connect it without listening to device. Is it still reversed? and perhaps the most simple solution . . . do you have the left cup actually on your left ear? 😛

Unraid system: Epyc 7352, 24/48, 96GB ECC buffered @2666mhz, 2x GT710, GTX1050Ti

2 minutes ago, Caennanu said:

haven't got a clue. Can't find anything in the GoXLR app, nor in the windows section 😞

If you connect it without listening to device. Is it still reversed? and perhaps the most simple solution . . . do you have the left cup actually on your left ear? 😛

If i connect it and use it normally, its fine. hahahah yes, cups are on the correct ears.

7 minutes ago, Liborio said:

If i connect it and use it normally, its fine. hahahah yes, cups are on the correct ears.

So . . . the inversion happens somewhere from between the line in and line out . .. 

Lets put this in perspective.

Your game / system audio goes out to the GoXLR via USB, where you set up the audio devices of line 1-4 in the GoXLR app and corresponding sources (teamspeak, discord, whichever).

Then you output everything (minus mic probably) on the Line-Out of the GoXLR to the Line in on the computer.

This line in is configured to be listened to by the Headset.

Am i correct so far?

6 minutes ago, Caennanu said:

So . . . the inversion happens somewhere from between the line in and line out . .. 

Lets put this in perspective.

Your game / system audio goes out to the GoXLR via USB, where you set up the audio devices of line 1-4 in the GoXLR app and corresponding sources (teamspeak, discord, whichever).

Then you output everything (minus mic probably) on the Line-Out of the GoXLR to the Line in on the computer.

This line in is configured to be listened to by the Headset.

Am i correct so far?

So the connection is:

Go xlr connects to the PC via USB

Logitech headset is connected by having the headphone jack on the go xlr connect to the "line in" on the pc with a 3.5mm + ground loop isolator. The "line in" is then configured to listen to the logitech wireless headset as shown in the imgur.

Does this make sense?

2 hours ago, Liborio said:

So the connection is:

Go xlr connects to the PC via USB

Logitech headset is connected by having the headphone jack on the go xlr connect to the "line in" on the pc with a 3.5mm + ground loop isolator. The "line in" is then configured to listen to the logitech wireless headset as shown in the imgur.

Does this make sense?

It makes sence, yes. And if you connect the line in to the line out on the back of the Go XLR? And route accordingly ofcourse.

8 hours ago, Caennanu said:

I figured it out. Was the GLI. I disconnected it and the issue went away but had a load of buzz and unwanted noise so will need to probably get a different one and hope it works as expected.

On 6/26/2021 at 6:01 AM, Liborio said:

Ah nice. i geuss i don't have that issue since i'm using 2 GLI's? reverse it twice? 😛

(yes i know, why 2? cause i ordered 2 . . . incase it wouldn't work. and yes, an proper XLR mic is still on the wishlist)