Need a 2Tb NVMe Ssd for Games

iCoNrant

What is a good value / performance Ssd that is fast and reliable? I have crucial p1 as my 1tb boot drive. B560 Tomahawk have 3 m.2 storage slot. 

SSD tier list may be helpful.  Are you looking for gen 3 or 4?  The second m.2 slot on that board is likely only gen 3.

Re: that tierlist

havent seen it before, but it’s good to know it’s there.  My understanding is cache OR HMB significantly lengthen the lifespan of the drive.  HMB will use some system ram (not sure how much but probably not a lot) a gaming machine with 16gb of ram has more ram than it needs so a drive with no cache but with HMB would be more or less ok.  Its when a system only has 8gb that things get really tight and HMB can be a problem.   I notice that there are some drives with cache even in tier E, so the tiers seem to be about speed rather than service life.  My understanding is speed isn’t that terribly important with SSDs because even the slowest SSDs are so much faster than HDDs that it’s crazy, which makes the tiers themselves seem less than useful.  Something strikes me as odd with that. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

WD black SN750 NVMe , it's good for gaming there has two types one with heat sink and other one is without heat sink.