350 dollar minecraft content creation pc

simmins

Budget (including currency): 350 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: minecraft, premiere pro 2020, rendering 60fps videos in 720p with RSMB

Other details: I am looking for a decent pc to run and record minecraft at 60fps that can also handle premiere decently without an insane amount of lag. there is also a sort of demanding add on to premiere called RSMB (real simple motion blur or something like that) that i want to use to render some 60fps minecraft videos. 

5 minutes ago, simmins said:

for: minecraft, premiere pro 2020, rendering 60fps videos in 720p with RSMB

Yeah, no. Youre definitely not gonna get a 350$ premiere pro machine in new market, you gotta hop on used. You can try to find a decommissioned Dell Optiplex or HP Pavilion thats equipped with haswell or skylake i7/i5 (full or mid tower form unless you wanna bust out a dremel), and try to find a good new SSD deals and a used 1650 super when theyre back at their more reasonable price (about 60-100$).

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

8 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Yeah, no. Youre definitely not gonna get a 350$ premiere pro machine in new market, you gotta hop on used. You can try to find a decommissioned Dell Optiplex or HP Pavilion thats equipped with haswell or skylake i7/i5 (full or mid tower form unless you wanna bust out a dremel), and try to find a good new SSD deals and a used 1650 super when theyre back at their more reasonable price (about 60-100$).

i want upgradeability because i am gonna get a 1050 or 1060 later

Edit: or maybe a 950 off of ebay. 

Edited by simmins
forgot some stuff

6 minutes ago, simmins said:

If you want something more powerful than a potato clock your gonna have to shell out $400-$450.

😳
Not that active so I may not respond.

1 minute ago, simmins said:

Then you gotta muster up more mustard. Here's what i can do for about 100$ overbudget without a GPU. And after that i definitely would still need a HDD just to store more than the OS and minecraft (and a 16GB kit because premiere and modded minecraft loves a lot of ram)

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-10400 2.9 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($164.99 @ Best Buy)
Motherboard: MSI B560M PRO Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard  ($104.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Patriot Viper 4 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 Memory  ($45.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Gigabyte 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($33.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Fractal Design Focus G ATX Mid Tower Case  ($47.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($44.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $442.93
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-06-22 22:47 EDT-0400

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

2 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Then you gotta muster up more mustard. Here's what i can do for about 100$ overbudget without a GPU. And after that i definitely would still need a HDD just to store more than the OS and minecraft (and a 16GB kit because premiere and modded minecraft loves a lot of ram)

PCPartPicker Part List

Memory: Patriot Viper 4 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 Memory  ($45.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($44.99 @ Newegg)

forgot to mention i have a psu and a 500gb wd blue ssd

2 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

PCPartPicker Part List

i hav a case too

2 minutes ago, simmins said:

forgot to mention i have a psu and a 500gb wd blue ssd

Then might as well spill ALL that you got. That 3 things alone should squish things down to a 300$ mark, if your psu isnt actual absolute horsecrap.

PCPartPicker Part List

Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL15 Memory  ($69.98 @ Amazon)
Total: $339.96
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-06-22 22:54 EDT-0400

1 minute ago, SorryClaire said:

Then might as well spill ALL that you got. That 3 things alone should squish things down to a 300$ mark, if your psu isnt actual absolute horsecrap.

PCPartPicker Part List

Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL15 Memory  ($69.98 @ Amazon)
Total: $339.96
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-06-22 22:54 EDT-0400

ur sure i will need 16gb of ram? 

7 minutes ago, simmins said:

ur sure i will need 16gb of ram? 

Yep. While 8GB is still usable, nowadays it is very much cutting it close as i see a lot of Vulkan and DX12 titles nowadays uses up to 12GB of ram while in game. 16 just gives you a lot more headroom that you can breathe with.

3 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Yep. While 8GB is still usable, nowadays it is very much cutting it close as i see a lot of Vulkan and DX12 titles nowadays uses up to 12GB of ram while in game. 16 just gives you a lot more headroom that you can breathe with.

that is 30 dollars over my budget though 😕 time to get 2 more months of allowance

Edit: is all the ram for mc or premiere because minecraft... lets just say you can run it on basically any computer

2 minutes ago, simmins said:

Edit: is all the ram for mc or premiere because minecraft... lets just say you can run it on basically any computer

Well, both. I see a lot of modpacks (particularly sky factory) needing 6-8GB of ram solely allocated to minecraft alone to even function in a stable manner, and as i eluded to before 16GB gives you the right bang for the buck and performance in Premiere. I mean you could get an 8GB 2x4 kit, choose a board with 4 RAM Slots, and add the same 2x4 kit later, thats also a route you can choose but you really gonna waste more money in the longer term.

36 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Well, both. I see a lot of modpacks (particularly sky factory) needing 6-8GB of ram solely allocated to minecraft alone to even function in a stable manner, and as i eluded to before 16GB gives you the right bang for the buck and performance in Premiere. I mean you could get an 8GB 2x4 kit, choose a board with 4 RAM Slots, and add the same 2x4 kit later, thats also a route you can choose but you really gonna waste more money in the longer term.

I am running on a fps boosting pvp client which basically doubles my frames, so fps wise I should be good. I also run 1.8.9 because I pvp.

1 hour ago, SorryClaire said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ is this okay still? i downgraded the cpu to a 10100, but it still has the same igpu, just less cores and threads. will it still do the things i want it to do?

4 minutes ago, simmins said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ is this okay still?

wrong URL copying. Click the box marked with the orange arrow to copy the raw link, or click the markup button marked with red circles to copy its markup in the format that this forum use.

And imo, 6 cores is a way better value especially in the future as games move away from the traditional adage of 4 cores to 6/8 cores.

Screenshot_20210609-234711_Chrome.thumb.png.3c9a0cdab45f83604837463b88ff4952.png

5 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

If you have no experience on the used market you can use aliexpress to build a pc, though the parts are pretty weird with the salvage x58 x79 and x99 board, so if you wanna get really good deals you are gonna have to dig really deep for obscure parts, i found a 16 core e5 2683 v4 es on aliexpress for 145$, will be wayyy out of your budget and is suited to server or workstation applications (games will run slow due to low clockspeed).

Its pretty hard to find amazing obscure deals unless if its a decommisioned server or workstation.

So not much here, just rely on the used market + your old parts

10 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

wrong URL copying. Click the box marked with the orange arrow to copy the raw link, or click the markup button marked with red circles to copy its markup in the format that this forum use.

And imo, 6 cores is a way better value especially in the future as games move away from the traditional adage of 4 cores to 6/8 cores.

Screenshot_20210609-234711_Chrome.thumb.png.3c9a0cdab45f83604837463b88ff4952.png

too lazy to link the parts list, so i have an i3 10100 with uhd 630 4 core 4 thread cpu, asus prime b460m-a, and corsair vengeance rgb pro 16gb ram

6 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

If you have no experience on the used market you can use aliexpress to build a pc, though the parts are pretty weird with the salvage x58 x79 and x99 board, so if you wanna get really good deals you are gonna have to dig really deep for obscure parts, i found a 16 core e5 2683 v4 es on aliexpress for 145$, will be wayyy out of your budget and is suited to server or workstation applications (games will run slow due to low clockspeed).

Its pretty hard to find amazing obscure deals unless if its a decommisioned server or workstation.

So not much here, just rely on the used market + your old parts

also does this look legit to you? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002217747335.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.4f96c5c9WedkkP&algo_pvid=825afa6e-c2f5-4642-b160-e5bfa778ca6a&algo_exp_id=825afa6e-c2f5-4642-b160-e5bfa778ca6a-0

10 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

also the i5 is 220 bucks right now, so its way over my budget 😞

10 hours ago, simmins said:

too lazy to link the parts list, so i have an i3 10100 with uhd 630 4 core 4 thread cpu, asus prime b460m-a, and corsair vengeance rgb pro 16gb ram

Woop, found why you cant fit in an i5. Corsair RGB ram is way way too overpriced for what it performs and any random 2x8 kit at 3000mhz CL16 pretty much gonna gives you a better value than them. Also, im not exactly constraining you to a 10400, 11400 can also be at a lower price because this 2 CPU performs really about the same. Also, this generation of prime motherboard is really badly designed, i highly do not recommend it.

10 hours ago, simmins said:

Overpriced, and youll still need a GPU and a ram. You can find the same combo at ebay for 150-175, so dont bother.

Where ya wanna look for in aliexpress is used server chips and recycled board, but thatll require a lot of research and possibly trial and error as you scourge through things thatll work and dont work. Imo, if youre already in a very hard pinch and this is gonna be your first computer, dont bother.

Ok so what parts do you have?

You have a ssd case and psu.

But what case? What is the model? If you aren't sure send a picture.

What ssd? Size and model.

What psu? NOT just the wattage but the exact psu it is with the exact model nr on it. A bad psu WILL kill your system.

If all 3 of those parts are usable then you MIGHT get a system that can somewhat do what you want. Again this is an EXTREMELY low budget.

6 hours ago, jaslion said:

Ok so what parts do you have?

You have a ssd case and psu.

But what case? What is the model? If you aren't sure send a picture.

What ssd? Size and model.

What psu? NOT just the wattage but the exact psu it is with the exact model nr on it. A bad psu WILL kill your system.

If all 3 of those parts are usable then you MIGHT get a system that can somewhat do what you want. Again this is an EXTREMELY low budget.

i have a case thats called the thermaltake versa h18, thermaltake smart 500w psu, and wd blue 2.5 inch 500gb ssd