Bios update error, now we are here

tire

I am very scared and I really don’t want to reinstall windows, what I did was update my b450f gaming to the latest version and this happened. Ps, I have the installation media next to me

image.jpg

Don’t take everything I say seriously 

take it with a grain of s a l t

1. Don't panic.

2 Reset your Cmos (CLR CMOS) It helps after an update. 

3. You'll need to go into your BIOS setup, and redo your settings, any overclock, XMP, and importantly, your boot SSD/HDD (That's what that error message is, its not ominous, it just means the drive to boot from isnt set right in the BIOS settings. )

Once you have all your Bios settings set, save and reboot, and it should start up pretty normally.

BIOS firmware updates, can sometimes mess up the BIOS settings, which is why it's best to clear it, then redo all your settings. It may be worth noting what setting you change/use for future reference. 

Worst case reinstalling Windows is not a big deal. At all. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

5 minutes ago, LateLesley said:

1. Don't panic.

2 Reset your Cmos (CLR CMOS) It helps after an update. 

3. You'll need to go into your BIOS setup, and redo your settings, any overclock, XMP, and importantly, your boot SSD/HDD (That's what that error message is, its not ominous, it just means the drive to boot from isnt set right in the BIOS settings. )

Once you have all your Bios settings set, save and reboot, and it should start up pretty normally.

BIOS firmware updates, can sometimes mess up the BIOS settings, which is why it's best to clear it, then redo all your settings. It may be worth noting what setting you change/use for future reference. 

How do I reset my cmos?

14 minutes ago, tire said:

I am very scared and I really don’t want to reinstall windows, what I did was update my b450f gaming to the latest version and this happened. Ps, I have the installation media next to me

Most likely it defaulted the BIOS and now its just looking at the wrong place to boot.

Go into your BIOS and to the BOOT menu and see what is at #1. Atm its prob your 2nd HDD/SSD?

Looks like its trying to boot from a HDD/SSD which has no OS installed

Well, it’s fine now, thanks for the help guys