Will my budget PSU damage my PC or not?

Whooses

Hey guys, so I'm looking at this power supply and I see a lot of people say you should not skimp out on PSU.  So why is that? will it burn/ damage my pc? and do you guys have any other recommendation (500w is fine, I just need something that works well and SAFE)

5 minutes ago, Whooses said:

Hey guys, so I'm looking at this power supply and I see a lot of people say you should not skimp out on PSU.  So why is that? will it burn/ damage my pc? and do you guys have any other recommendation (500w is fine, I just need something that works well and SAFE)

what is your cpu , gpu and cooler ?

3 minutes ago, Whooses said:

That is an excellent budget power supply.  By not skimping they mean to stick with known name brand PSUs and not the $20 cheap crap they sell.  The main worry is improper voltage control leading to unstable operation or even damage in extreme cases.  No worries with EVGA. 

Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

Most of the time they're fine, but the chance is too big that it will f up your system. For that price you should get a Corsair CV550 or Be Quiet! System Power 9. Even those aren't great. I'd spend a bit more and get a Corsair CX.

28 minutes ago, Whooses said:

I was thinking it would link to a 20eur cheapo PSU, The evga is fine. I have a ~35eur PSU, which I got from my brother, it has been working fine for about 4 yrs. 

21 minutes ago, Corrupt_Liberty said:

That is an excellent budget power supply.  By not skimping they mean to stick with known name brand PSUs and not the $20 cheap crap they sell.  The main worry is improper voltage control leading to unstable operation or even damage in extreme cases.  No worries with EVGA. 

tenor.gif.fb321c185cbe367cbed30523b4926a8f.gif

it barely meets ATX specification tolerances, and EVGA has it's fair share of crap.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

28 minutes ago, Omar.B said:

what is your cpu , gpu and cooler ?

I have a ryzen 5 2600, gtx 1650, and ryzen stock cooler

3 minutes ago, Whooses said:

I have a ryzen 5 2600, gtx 1650, and ryzen stock cooler

Yeah it should be enough but if you are on budget a 450w will be fine 

2 minutes ago, Omar.B said:

Yeah it should be enough but if you are on budget a 450w will be fine 

what are the chances that the psu will burn? 

1 minute ago, Whooses said:

what are the chances that the psu will burn? 

The 2600 is really friendly with power consumption max of 88w maybe less and the 1650 heavily max on 100w but if you can get a 450w bronze or 500 or 550 bronze will be better  

1 minute ago, Omar.B said:

The 2600 is really friendly with power consumption max of 88w maybe less and the 1650 heavily max on 100w but if you can get a 450w bronze or 500 or 550 bronze will be better  

Hum... would you recomend that or CORSAIR CX, or CORSAIR VC550, or Be Quiet! System Power 9?

2 minutes ago, Whooses said:

Hum... would you recomend that or CORSAIR CX, or CORSAIR VC550, or Be Quiet! System Power 9?

get the CX. newegg has a promo and rebate form for the 550w variant.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 minute ago, Omar.B said:

CX

alright thanks!

1 minute ago, Whooses said:

alright thanks!

No problem always happy to help! ")