Both of my monitors loose connection to PC but I can still hear audio.

Fanticimou

Hi, I have a problem where both monitors just disconnect from the pc and I have to turn the PC off and on to reset it. I can still hear audio from the computer. all of my computer components remain on, included my graphics cards.

PC: 3070FE and ryzen 5 3600

here is the solutions I have tried so far and nothing has worked:

1. Checking the display cables and replacing them

2. Testing them in different graphics card ports

3. disabling the PCI express link power state management

4. using DDU to uninstall the drivers and then reinstalling

5. not installing the game ready drivers

6. taking out the graphics card and trying to reinsert it properly into the PCI slot

7. checking the PCIE cable is properly connected

8. isolating it to one monitor, to check if its one of the monitors that is causing the problem

9. throttling the main monitor to 60hz rather than 144hz

10. reinstalling windows

11. checking cpu and gpu temps to see if they are high and they are not

could this be a faulty GPU, or other hardware? 

Your help is appreciated!

16 minutes ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

Does your audio come through a headset or through monitor speakers?

It comes through the headphones/ speakers that I had connected and I could also still talk to my mates through discord and they could hear me fine. The crashes sometimes happened when doing desktop applications, but mostly happened when in games.

Just now, Fanticimou said:

It comes through the headphones/ speakers that I had connected and I could also still talk to my mates through discord and they could hear me fine. The crashes sometimes happened when doing desktop applications, but mostly happened when in games.

This would imply that it's a GPU related issues, if you have monitor speakers I'd run the audio through there and see if when you lose video signal you also lose audio.

28 minutes ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

This would imply that it's a GPU related issues, if you have monitor speakers I'd run the audio through there and see if when you lose video signal you also lose audio.

good idea, if the audio works however and the audio does not, would that imply that it is a software related issue and not gpu?

1 hour ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

I just tried it, and I didn't hear audio through the monitor so I'm guessing it is a broken card. Time to contact warranty?