Is it worth to change my phone?

So I can change a phone. Currently I have an iPhone XR 64gb, and although it still works fine, and I don't have a real problem with it (other than storage), sometimes new phone deals pop-up, and I'm wondering whether I should change..

As of this week, OnePlus Nord 8/128gb, OnePlus Nord CE 5G (8/128GB), Samsung Galaxy A72 A725 (6/128gb), and the Poco F3 6/128gb are on a sale. I am wondering whether it would be better to upgrade (or change) to any of those.

My main purpose on the phone would probably be (watching) YouTube followed by messaging (whatsapp/email) / webbrowsing and IG. 

With my dataplan I can pretty much pick up any of these phones for a few bucks or perhaps even free depending on the right deal and time.

At this point I am quite unfamiliar with android, but a concerning thing was that I heard Poco (but also others), have bloatware but also ads integrated in their phones.

Now to me it sounds quite ridiculous to have ads on a product you buy, and although I understand this is a marketing/business thing to make the phones so cheap, I still wouldn't want any ads on my phone system. It's already (annoying) enough to see them on certain apps. So the question would be, is that something than you can remove from the phone or are you stuck with that?

Anyhow, I'd generally would like to hear some peoples thoughts on this matter. Is good to change? What do you think of these phones Or would you recommend anything else?

Thanks!

Ads are only on Xiaomi I think. You can install a ROM from xiaomi.eu, that will remove the ads and improve battery life. 

If they are really not expensive you can get them, but you can also wait until you really need a new phone. Maybe you can sell your XR and buy a new phone for basically free. The Poco would probably best for you, because Xiaomi's software is most similar to IOS compared to the others. Not only that, but it has a better battery and CPU then the others.

No. Don't change. You are losing money, instead of saving stuff. If your XR is working perfectly, dropping cash on anything, even if it is on a crazy low deal is a waste. Also the XR will be faster than these phones. Androids get slow. I have an OP6 and it is just fine now. It isn't as fast as it used to be. Stay on your phone, until it feels unbearably slow.

Those are all downgrades in performance and camera. Not sure if I’d suggest doing it unless that doesn’t bother you.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

9 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

Ads are only on Xiaomi I think. You can install a ROM from xiaomi.eu, that will remove the ads and improve battery life. 

If they are really not expensive you can get them, but you can also wait until you really need a new phone. Maybe you can sell your XR and buy a new phone for basically free. The Poco would probably best for you, because Xiaomi's software is most similar to IOS compared to the others. Not only that, but it has a better battery and CPU then the others.

Well it's good that ads can be removed, that at least would make them a possible viable option again.
I would sell my XR if I'd change the phone, but I wouldn't know how much I could get for it. It works fine, but the sides are scratched. I'd guess I have to look into that.

Would you say the screen quality is also better than the others, including the XR?  

14 minutes ago, WolframaticAlpha said:

No. Don't change. You are losing money, instead of saving stuff. If your XR is working perfectly, dropping cash on anything, even if it is on a crazy low deal is a waste. Also the XR will be faster than these phones. Androids get slow. I have an OP6 and it is just fine now. It isn't as fast as it used to be. Stay on your phone, until it feels unbearably slow.

Okay. Yeah the XR works fine still, other than I'm running out of storage and for some reason I am unable to load files off with the cable. So I'm stuck between using the cloud and deleting a lot. I had the iPhone 6S before this and it probably was the best phone at that time and lasted me for many years. And though the XR works fine, I can't help but think it was overpriced for my use case.   Mostly I watch YT videos on it at the end of the day, and during the day it's mostly messaging, email, quick web searches and spotify (or YouTube as well).  That's why I am wondering whether it's reasonable to change, but if the iPhone is better than I probably stick to it.

8 minutes ago, Skol said:

Well it's good that ads can be removed, that at least would make them a possible viable option again.
I would sell my XR if I'd change the phone, but I wouldn't know how much I could get for it. It works fine, but the sides are scratched. I'd guess I have to look into that.

Would you say the screen quality is also better than the others, including the XR?  

I guess you can still make around $300 on it. 

For the screen it will be way better. They all have an AMOLED while the XR has an IPS, the resolutions are higher and the refresh rate is higher. The F3 has the best screen out of the options, for the rest they're similar.

The CPU's are indeed a bit slower like the others said, but really you don't need a powerful CPU for your use.

If you want an SD card the Samsung is the only option, the others don't have a slot for it.

18 minutes ago, Roswell said:

Those are all downgrades in performance and camera. Not sure if I’d suggest doing it unless that doesn’t bother you.

The camera I wouldn't mind so much. However with performance I am unsure. YouTube is probably the my number one use case, other than that is quick web searching and messaging or Spotify. So if the performance isn't that different, but the screen is better, I debating whether it's reasonable to change.

3 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

I guess you can still make around $300 on it. 

For the screen it will be way better. They all have an AMOLED while the XR has an IPS, the resolutions are higher and the refresh rate is higher. The F3 has the best screen out of the options, for the rest they're similar.

The CPU's are indeed a bit slower like the others said, but really you don't need a powerful CPU for your use.

If you want an SD card the Samsung is the only option, the others don't have a slot for it.

That'd be great, then I could even 'earn' from it. haha.

And I like that the screen is better, that's like one of the more important things for me. 
 I also imagine the CPU/performance would be fine for my use case, but would it last enough for a couple of years?

I don't really need an SD card, I think 128gb would suffice, but a dual sim would be great.

Thank you very much for your insight though!

6 hours ago, Skol said:

Anyhow, I'd generally would like to hear some peoples thoughts on this matter. Is good to change? What do you think of these phones Or would you recommend anything else?

The XR has at least what 2 more years of support. Personally if its working fine why change? 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.