1st time building a PC. Did alot of research.

Hi guys, this will be my 1st time building a PC and I did some research beforehand to pick out the best parts possible that are also compatible with each other.

Budget: € 2000 - € 2500 // Location: Europe.

Aim: It’s mostly going to be used for gaming and streaming games, perhaps a little bit of video editing. I will be playing AAA games like Sekiro, DMC 5, Dark Souls 1 (with visual enhancing mods), Dark souls 3 and Elden Ring. Also some FPS games like Valorant.

Monitors: I plan to use 2 monitors. 1 being the 1920x1080 244Hz monitor listed below, and the other one being a much cheaper one for just reading chat or switching up music or checking other side stuff.

Peripherals: I plan on buying a keyboard, headphone and speakers. I already have an OS ready, so I do not need to spend money on that.

Reason for upgrading: I’m using an old laptop right now and I’ve been saving up to upgrade.

Monitor:                     - MSI Optix MAG251RX                                               = €379

GPU:                            - MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ti GAMING X TRIO          = €499

- AMD RX 6700XT

CPU:                            - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X                                              = €349

RAM:                           - Corsair 16 GB DDR4-3200                                     = €84

Storage:                      - Samsung 860 EVO, 1 TB SSD                               = €109

- WD Blue, 1 TB Hard drive                                       = €37

PSU:                            - be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W                        = €150

Motherboard:              - MSI B550-A PRO                                                  = €128

Thermal Paste:           - Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut                                      = €11

CPU Cooler:                - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black                          = €90

Computer Case:         - be quiet! PURE BASE 500DX                               = €100

Headphone:               - Sennheiser HD 599 Special Edition                       = €144

Speakers:                    - Logitech Z200 2.0                                                 = €37

Keyboard:                   - Logitech G512 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard      = €120

Total:  €2237

I would appreciate feedback and perhaps a better option for a keyboard, since I don't really know which one is best to use at the moment. My budget for a keyboard is ranging from 100 to 125.

Do you realize you're spending as much money on the keyboard as you're spending on the motherboard? Insane. 

I don't think the 860 evo is worth it at that price, and I definitely think buying a 1 TB mechanical drive would be dumb. I wouldn't buy anything less than 3 TB when it comes to mechanical drives. Consider buying a single 2 TB nvme SSD for now, and buy a 3+ TB mechanical drive later. 

Power supply seems a bit expensive, maybe you can get something better for 10-20 euro less. 

You should also think about, if you truly really need 244 Hz refresh rate... the 3060 won't be capable of that much frames unless you lower quality. 

Should consider maybe a 144 Hz - 165 Hz monitor with better image quality, better colors, or maybe a 1440p panel 

23 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Do you realize you're spending as much money on the keyboard as you're spending on the motherboard? Insane. 

I don't think the 860 evo is worth it at that price, and I definitely think buying a 1 TB mechanical drive would be dumb. I wouldn't buy anything less than 3 TB when it comes to mechanical drives. Consider buying a single 2 TB nvme SSD for now, and buy a 3+ TB mechanical drive later. 

Power supply seems a bit expensive, maybe you can get something better for 10-20 euro less. 

You should also think about, if you truly really need 244 Hz refresh rate... the 3060 won't be capable of that much frames unless you lower quality. 

Should consider maybe a 144 Hz - 165 Hz monitor with better image quality, better colors, or maybe a 1440p panel 

I agree mostly with marius...
Dont go for 1TB mechanical storage, go for a large PCI-E 3th gen nvme SSD and a large harddrive later or just go all solidstate if you can really stretch your budget.
Your build will probably be torn apart at some point by the actual experts (really love you guys:D).

And you cannot calculate with MSRP on a 30-series Nvidia card at the moment. Same goes for the SSD as chia-miners are just buying the entire stock of SSDs and HDDs everywhere. Just as a tip four your planning.

50 minutes ago, Arsames said:

Storage:                      - Samsung 860 EVO, 1 TB SSD                               = €109

- WD Blue, 1 TB Hard drive                                       = €37

Get a 500gb Nvme SSD (SN550 or SN750) and 2+ TB HDD.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Here are some more things to consider (sorry, I didn't look up the parts, so some of these points might not count, but might be considered for future expansion);

Try a casing with the ff. characteristics:

1. magnetized screens in some of the vents, which makes them easy to clean;

2. roomy, so that you won't have difficulty adding or removing hardware or cleaning the insides (and maybe even enough room to add things like an Intel liquid cooling system); probably those with screw knobs to hold things like hard drives on the racks;

3. with good ventilation (with right placing for various types of fans);

4. side panels that are easy to slide out (probably with screwdriver-less screws) and maybe some transparent window if you want to see the insides of the PC without opening it, and hopefully no extended pieces of metal at the back which might make it difficult to use things like displayports in video cards (sometimes, the rubber heads in displayport cables hit those metal parts);

5. enough USB slots in front and at the back (hopefully, around six at the back for external drives, sound systems, etc.; and at least two in front for any flash drives, USB headsets, and so on);

6. maybe a bit more power just to be sure (750W?);

7. make sure that the front switches look durable, and that problems don't take place like the front panel not fitting in correctly if a fan is installed in front.

For the MB, perhaps at least one more slot available for another 16 GB (just in case), maybe one free slot for something like an M2 SSD, and enough SATA slots or similar for up to two hard drives.

For the GPU, probably something like a displayport for future use and in case you get a new monitor, with the first one acting as a second monitor;

etc.