I need some help with my grafic card

daimienb04

I have a gtx 970 sc made by E.V.G.A. I has 2 parts that fell off, I am not sure how to find the part/ fix it. So i am reaching out to the LTT community for help. The one with the blue outline is mine

Gpu 1.png

Gpu.png

Small SMD capacitor, either it's capacitor number 604 or a 604 value which is 600nf. But tbh if you needed help identifying something as relatively basic as this I wouldn't even begin to think about trying to solder one back on.

EDIT: And that's assuming it is indeed a 604 value and not just number 604. If it's number 604 and you can't find it to measure the value you're screwed.

EDIT 2: Tired and didn't realize you circled two components. The smaller one also looks like a capacitor but you certainly won't find the value of that one without physically locating it and measuring it.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

The parts got knocked off and i am not sure if it works

5 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Small SMD capacitor, either it's capacitor number 604 or a 604 value which is 600nf. But tbh if you needed help identifying something as relatively basic as this I wouldn't even begin to think about trying to solder one back on.

EDIT: And that's assuming it is indeed a 604 value and not just number 604. If it's number 604 and you can't find it to measure the value you're screwed.

EDIT 2: Tired and didn't realize you circled two components. The smaller one also looks like a capacitor but you certainly won't find the value of that one without physically locating it and measuring it.

There are miltibal of the same size capasiters on the bord (the small ones). And i lost the C604 so i am assuming i am scrued

I wonder if there is a schematic out there for the Board

28 minutes ago, daimienb04 said:

The parts got knocked off and i am not sure if it works

Have you tested it? I'd assume these are just some small decoupling caps and the card will work fine without them.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

Have you tested it? I'd assume these are just some small decoupling caps and the card will work fine without them.

I did find this

"It is a capacitor. hence the "C" next to the number. If it were a resistor, the letter would be an "R". If you could get a schematic and parts list for the board, find the indicated capacitor, and it should tell you the value and rating for the part. If you can get that capacitor, and you are any good at soldering, it should be a simple fix."

Just now, daimienb04 said:

I did find this

"It is a capacitor. hence the "C" next to the number. If it were a resistor, the letter would be an "R". If you could get a schematic and parts list for the board, find the indicated capacitor, and it should tell you the value and rating for the part. If you can get that capacitor, and you are any good at soldering, it should be a simple fix."

You let me know when you find a schematic for this...

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Ok will do. may take a bit tho

12 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I have looked and nothing.

I am going to see if i can get a multi meter from a friend and test some components

9 minutes ago, daimienb04 said:

I have looked and nothing.

I am going to see if i can get a multi meter from a friend and test some components

Other than that i think i am dead in the water

17 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

looking back at this coment i forget to say i am 16. Plus i am also autistic so it is hard to comprehend these types of things. 

1 hour ago, daimienb04 said:

looking back at this coment i forget to say i am 16. Plus i am also autistic so it is hard to comprehend these types of things. 

That's fine, but have you tested the card like I said? Chances are it'll either work fine or not at all. I don't think you'll damage it or anything.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

On 6/14/2021 at 2:36 PM, kelvinhall05 said:

That's fine, but have you tested the card like I said? Chances are it'll either work fine or not at all. I don't think you'll damage it or anything.

I did today but nothing showed up. i did not have the 2 6pins to power it. But when i tried to install the windows 10 driver it said incompatible windows version. I have windows 10 and i was installing the windows 10 drivers so i dont know what to do.

12 minutes ago, daimienb04 said:

i did not have the 2 6pins to power it.

This is why nothing displayed.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

3 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Oh ok ill try and find a power suply to work with it

3 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I have a question. Would a Intel Core i7-4770 be ok for the 970 sc?

Just now, daimienb04 said:

I have a question. Would a Intel Core i7-4770 be ok for the 970 sc?

Yes

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

How in the hell did that happen??? Did you try de-soldering those caps?

Asus ROG G531GT : i7-9750H - GTX 1650M +700mem - MSI RX6600 Armor 8G M.2 eGPU - Samsung 16+8GB PC4-2666 - Samsung 860 EVO 500G 2.5" - 1920x1080@145Hz (172Hz) IPS panel

Family PC : i5-4570 (-125mV) - cheap dual-pipe cooler - Gigabyte Z87M-HD3 Rev1.1 - Kingston HyperX Fury 4x4GB PC3-1600 - Corsair VX450W - an old Thermaltake ATX case

Test bench 1 G3260 - i5-4690K - 6-pipe cooler - Asus Z97-AR - Panram Blue Lightsaber 2x4GB PC3-2800 - Micron CT500P1SSD8 NVMe - Intel SSD320 40G SSD

iMac 21.5" (late 2011) : i5-2400S, HD 6750M 512MB - Samsung 4x4GB PC3-1333 - WT200 512G SSD (High Sierra) - 1920x1080@60 LCD

Test bench 2: G3260 - H81M-C - Kingston 2x4GB PC3-1600 - Winten WT200 512G

Acer Z5610 "Theatre" C2 Quad Q9550 - G45 Express - 2x2GB PC3-1333 (Samsung) - 1920x1080@60Hz Touch LCD - great internal speakers

Is it problematic to put a bigger capacitor?

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

On 6/23/2021 at 8:04 PM, thekingofmonks said:

How in the hell did that happen??? Did you try de-soldering those caps?

No i lost the caps a long time ago. And i got it from a friend. but wile in transport from moving houses i lost the 2 caps