DS920+ refuses to connect to any computers on my home network

Go to solution Solved by FloRolf,

Okay so you are always connecting over quickconnect, which seems weird. 

Just go into your browser on any PC and enter the IP address of the NAS in the adressbar. Mine for example would be 192.168.178.61

There you can log in with your Admin credentials. 

I guess you have shares setup as well, those can be connected within windows as well so they act basically as an external hard drive. 

Hi there,

I've been trying to troubleshoot this issue for a while now on my own, but I'm still new to working with NAS servers and I could really use some help. About a year ago, I set up my Synology DS920+ so I could use it as a personal cloud server. However, although I can connect to it indirectly through Synology drive, I can not directly access my NAS through QuickConnect on my home network. To make matters even weirder, for some reason, QuickConnect works perfectly fine over any other network. The only computers that refuse to connect to it at all are computers connected to my home router; both over Ethernet and wifi.

Up until this point, I have been working around this and using my phone's data connection to change settings in the NAS's OS. Recently though, I learned a lot about Plex servers and I was hoping to set up my own on my NAS. But, because every single connection to server has to be done remotely, it won't let my adjust any critical settings that require a local connection to do. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? I have a feeling that it may be an issue with the firewall, but I have no idea what I'm doing with it; and I know how dangerous it can be to accidentally open my NAS's floodgates to the internet.

Just go into your browser on any PC and enter the IP address of the NAS in the adressbar. Mine for example would be 192.168.178.61

I guess you have shares setup as well, those can be connected within windows as well so they act basically as an external hard drive. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

6 hours ago, FloRolf said:

Ok, using the local ip to access it directly worked. Thank you very much!

I've been trying to use Quickconnect because that's the bookmark I use to access the NAS in google chrome. A while back I was trying to set up HTTPS for the NAS, and I had a lot trouble getting a direct connection; so I stopped bothering to use the NAS's ip. Plus 90% of the time I access files on my NAS through my laptop while I'm on campus. So I've been using Synology Drive and Quickconnect to get into it remotely rather than using network shares. Honestly, I saw a lot of tutorials online that said it was better to use a VPN to access the NAS directly over the internet. But I'm still a novice at this, and a Quickconnect link seemed WAY easier to setup and use.