2400MHz without XMP?

Hello guys, is it possible to run 2400MHz without XMP? 

earlier this day i borrowed my girlfriend's laptop which is an ASUS A407UF running DDR4 4GB 2400T.

I borrowed it because i wanted to test my ram sticks (one of them is faulty i think, because it got 4.1GB system reserved) and it's a DDR4 4GB 2133 RAMs. 

so i tested it on my gf's laptop and both runs fine, but when i put back the 2400 RAM it reads at 2133 and i already checked BIOS there's no XMP settings. 

(my 2133 RAM still got 4.1GB system reserved when i put it on my laptop)

anyone have a clue on how to change the 2400 RAM from 2133 back to 2400 ?

sorry for my bad explanation and english.. Thanks

Can you even set manual timings in that laptop? because almost none of them let you do it. Either way, you can set timings and speed manually, XMP is purely a preset that makes it easier for users to run their rams at their advertised speeds.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

31 minutes ago, Hold-Ma-Beer said:

Are you talking about a Laptop?

Also, please share the model.

It's an ASUS A407UF-BV062T

33 minutes ago, Levent said:

Can you even set manual timings in that laptop? because almost none of them let you do it. Either way, you can set timings and speed manually, XMP is purely a preset that makes it easier for users to run their rams at their advertised speeds.

setting the timings and speed manually through the BIOS, right? but i checked the BIOS and can't find it

8 minutes ago, GiiGii said:

It's an ASUS A407UF-BV062T

setting the timings and speed manually through the BIOS, right? but i checked the BIOS and can't find it

That would mean your laptop is no exception and does not allow users to set timing or speeds themselves. 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

15 minutes ago, Levent said:

That would mean your laptop is no exception and does not allow users to set timing or speeds themselves. 

so how could it run 2400MHz speed before i tested my 2133 Ram?  

38 minutes ago, GiiGii said:

so how could it run 2400MHz speed before i tested my 2133 Ram?  

The board will run anything that has a Jedec spec of X frequency.

In this case, the memory is rated for Jedec standard 2400mhz and the board will post that speed.

On 6/13/2021 at 8:57 PM, ShrimpBrime said:

The board will run anything that has a Jedec spec of X frequency.

In this case, the memory is rated for Jedec standard 2400mhz and the board will post that speed.

I dont quite get it.. could you please elaborate ?

4 hours ago, Hold-Ma-Beer said:

I dont quite get it.. could you please elaborate ?

The 2400mhz memory kit is default at that speed which is Jedec standard not an Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) and will just simply post the board at this speed.

Which is better performance wise, so your upgrade should be at 2400mhz not 2133mhz. 

On 6/15/2021 at 2:30 AM, ShrimpBrime said:

The 2400mhz memory kit is default at that speed which is Jedec standard not an Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) and will just simply post the board at this speed.

Which is better performance wise, so your upgrade should be at 2400mhz not 2133mhz. 

but the original RAM is 2400MHz

now after i tested my other RAMs, it becomes 2133MHz.

and i can't really set it to 2400MHz because there's no AI tweaker in BIOS

on CPU-Z it's stated as 2400, but task manager stated as 2133

Did upu check that the 2400MHz ram was running at that speed before you tested the 2133MHz stick? It is not uncommon for OEMs to install faster ram then what the system supports

Try to reset the bios with the 2400HMz stick in it, that should force it to retrain memory

On 6/16/2021 at 4:55 PM, Selle said:

Did upu check that the 2400MHz ram was running at that speed before you tested the 2133MHz stick? It is not uncommon for OEMs to install faster ram then what the system supports

Try to reset the bios with the 2400HMz stick in it, that should force it to retrain memory

the day before i tested my 2133MHz, i checked it because i want to add another 2400MHz

Then after i tested the 2133MHz stick, it change to 2133MHz

from the first time the laptop is bought, i didn't touch RAM at all. so, it's 2400MHz from the factory

I already reset the bios but nothing happened. 

This isn't really helpful but going from 2133 to 2400MHz isn't going to affect you much at all, like 1-2% at most. It doesn't really matter. Atleast this is what I've seen in benchmarks.