Is water mist dangerous for PCs?

Hello everyone so recently i bought a fan in my room that has the ability to take water and turn it into mist and shooting it out into the air from the front of the fan.Im just wondering if the air in my room gets more humid or lets say i put the fan right infront of the pc is something bad gonna happen? How humid is the mist going to make my room and is it going to be dangerous for my pc if i use that option on my fan too much.

馃挔Case: SilentiumPC Signum SG7V EVO TG ARGB
馃挔Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
馃挔Graphics Card: ASUS TUF RTX 4070 OC
馃挔RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO @ 3600 CL18
馃挔CPU Cooler:NZXT KRAKEN Z73
馃挔Power Supply: Corsair CX750 (750W)
馃挔HDD: 1 TB WD Blue
馃挔SSD 1: 240GB Kingston A400
馃挔SSD 2: 960GB Kingston A400
馃挔Motherboard: ASUS TUF B450M PLUS GAMING

Yes, that's very much imappropriate to use around electronics.

F@H
Desktop:聽i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0,聽Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO,聽Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro聽RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan),聽Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

9 minutes ago, Murasaki said:

Thats more or less equal to spraying water on your case but very slowly.

https://linustechtips.com/uploads/monthly_2021_05/1151316728_Screenshot_2021-05-13animespraygif-GoogleSearch.png.70b7ad8be1688250b672b2f7a92f17b6.png

What if i keep it lets say 4 feet away from the pc but it's still blowing in its direction is it better or still the same problem?

22 minutes ago, probablydumb said:

Hello everyone so recently i bought a fan in my room that has the ability to take water and turn it into mist and shooting it out into the air from the front of the fan.Im just wondering if the air in my room gets more humid or lets say i put the fan right infront of the pc is something bad gonna happen? How humid is the mist going to make my room and is it going to be dangerous for my pc if i use that option on my fan too much.

Humidity in the room is always there. You can get digital readers that do inside and outside temp with relative humidity.

I've had several shop PCs that where exposed to harsh environments beyond just humidity, but exposed to outside humidity. These PCs are generally pretty basic and lasted several years.聽

But to keep cooler, a window AC unit would be the best way to go for any room while it cools and removes humidity, this is the safest route for your PC.

1 minute ago, probablydumb said:

What if i keep it lets say 4 feet away from the pc but it's still blowing in its direction is it better or still the same problem?

It's a problem if its in the same room in general I think; air can move to anywhere and carry it over to the case.

1 minute ago, Murasaki said:

It's a problem if its in the same room in general I think; air can move to anywhere and carry it over to the case.

So if i just stop using the water mist option on my fan and it just blows air towards me at my setup then it should be fine right?

So if i just stop using the water mist option on my fan and it just blows air towards me at my setup then it should be fine right?

Yeah, just basic fan functionality is fine. I'm using a fan right now too haha!

Use distilled water. It will have no minerals to worry about, it will not be electrically conductive.

If the fan is maybe 1-2 meters from the case you'd be fine... also ideally should not place the fan above the case if the case top has fan holes on top of the case.

The tiny amount of water squirted into the air won't be enough to condensate inside the computer