Gaming PC $600-$700 already have an R9 280X [AUS]

Hello

I plan to build a gaming pc soon and I already have an XFX R9 280X DD black OC edition it looks beautiful but i can't use it yet :(
Here is the link for the parts that I have come up with so far: Here
- Budget: $600-$700 preferably closer to $600
- Zip Code or Location: Queensland, Australia, 4740
- Specific Use: Gaming mostly, Minecraft with friends (because there PC's suck) as well as COD Black Ops 2, GMod and various other steam games probably with other friends(who have decent PC's)
- Any preferred components: Haswell CPU (i was thinking I5 4440) because i will upgrade later to a 4770k and I don't want to have to do Mobo and Cpu at once as it will probably be to expensive
- Any spare parts you can re-use: I have a R9 280X that I'm going to use
- Overclocking your processor: Probably not
- Need an Operating System:No I have a $100 gift card that I can use
- Need a Monitor? / Mouse? / Keyboard: No, No and no
- Need a Wireless Card or Adapter: If the mobo doesn't have wireless built in
- Need Another Component: I don't think so 

Other Useful Info

- Preferred Case: Thermaltake Chaser a-21
- Number of Monitors: 1 (1080p) with an old secondary one to have Skype open as well
- Other Info: I will be buying mostly from PC case gear unless there are good sales somewhere else, I plan to upgrade everything in this build so over time (thats why i need Haswell) i will have 2 computers and then I will be selling this to my Brother and/or Sister eventually so it must be able to run Sims 3(and 4 when it comes out) SMOOTHLY

Goodnight everybody I will check this again in the morning. Yawn, also sorry if there is something wrong with this post I'm still kinda new at forums.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

I recommend buying another monitor second-hand (or hell, a lot of these parts). Don't bother with an i5 if you're going to upgrade later anyway, it's a waste of money. I couldn't include an SSD into the price without making too drastic compromise on one of the components. You can have an SSD now and add a hard drive later, though, if you want. Don't spend a lot of money on a case, either; the Corsair 200R is really all you need. Thermaltake Chaser A21 isn't that great a performer compared to other cases. Nothing is wrong with it, but a 200R would be better. Motherboard isn't the best for overclocking, but it's cheap and reliable. It will do the job.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU:  Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($135.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Motherboard:  Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($143.00 @ CPL Online)
Memory:  G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($99.00 @ CPL Online)
Storage:  Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($99.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Case:  Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($85.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Power Supply:  Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($105.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Monitor:  ViewSonic VA2249S 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($139.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Total: $805.00
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-02 22:49 EST+1100)

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

I recommend buying another monitor second-hand (or hell, a lot of these parts). Don't bother with an i5 if you're going to upgrade later anyway, it's a waste of money. I couldn't include an SSD into the price without making too drastic compromise on one of the components. You can have an SSD now and add a hard drive later, though, if you want. Don't spend a lot of money on a case, either; the Corsair 200R is really all you need. Thermaltake Chaser A21 isn't that great a performer compared to other cases. Nothing is wrong with it, but a 200R would be better. Motherboard isn't the best for overclocking, but it's cheap and reliable. It will do the job.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor ($135.00 @ PCCaseGear)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($143.00 @ CPL Online)

Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($99.00 @ CPL Online)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($99.00 @ PCCaseGear)

Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($85.00 @ PCCaseGear)

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($105.00 @ Mwave Australia)

Monitor: ViewSonic VA2249S 60Hz 21.5" Monitor ($139.00 @ PCCaseGear)

Total: $805.00

(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-02 22:49 EST+1100)

why z87 with an i3

Edit- also my bad but I don't need a moniter

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

why z87 with an i3

Edit- also my bad but I don't need a moniter

Z87 because you plan to upgrade to an unlocked CPU, right? You said 4770K and you'll want Z87 chipsets for overclocking. It won't really matter to an i3 user, but if you upgrade, best to be prepared.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

Z87 because you plan to upgrade to an unlocked CPU, right? You said 4770K and you'll want Z87 chipsets for overclocking. It won't really matter to an i3 user, but if you upgrade, best to be prepared.

I will also be upgrading my mobo eventually as well. Sorry I'm tired. I just tried to make ever think compatible but not perfect. I plan to get a gigabyte sniper z87 after I buy a 4770k. I'm sorry but I'm really tired. Off to sleep

You really should save up a bit longer and go for the better CPU right away, buying one and upgrade it after a few weeks/months is a huge waste of money, especially that you need to upgrade the mobo as well. And from what you say you want to do you dont need a i7 4770k, just go with a i5 4670k if you want to overclock, i7 offer no value to you with what you want to use. 

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

I will also be upgrading my mobo eventually as well. Sorry I'm tired. I just tried to make ever think compatible but not perfect. I plan to get a gigabyte sniper z87 after I buy a 4770k. I'm sorry but I'm really tired. Off to sleep

In that case, a lesser chipset won't matter much. B85 or H87 will do.

In that case, a lesser chipset won't matter much. B85 or H87 will do.

So the build i plan to do is fine, and also I personally don't like the corsair case, but I decided to add a Thermaltake Chaser A-31 as I am in love with this case and to be honest I'm not sure why i didn't pick it in the first place

You really should save up a bit longer and go for the better CPU right away, buying one and upgrade it after a few weeks/months is a huge waste of money, especially that you need to upgrade the mobo as well. And from what you say you want to do you dont need a i7 4770k, just go with a i5 4670k if you want to overclock, i7 offer no value to you with what you want to use. 

I really don't have enough money at the moment and I have done my research and this is what i want to do, but thanks for the input

So the build i plan to do is fine, and also I personally don't like the corsair case, but I decided to add a Thermaltake Chaser A-31 as I am in love with this case and to be honest I'm not sure why i didn't pick it in the first place

I really don't have enough money at the moment and I have done my research and this is what i want to do, but thanks for the input

Save up more. Why buy a low end chip and motherboard if you're going to upgrade later? Waste of money. If you're going to use it mostly for gaming then why chose an i7 4770K? 4670k is cheaper, if you're not going to over clock then get a non k version.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

Save up more. Why buy a low end chip and motherboard if you're going to upgrade later? Waste of money. If you're going to use it mostly for gaming then why chose an i7 4770K? 4670k is cheaper, if you're not going to over clock then get a non k version.

You don't understand. I am going to build this and use this and then when I have enough money I am going to sell it to my little brother and big sister so they can play games with out it crashing and THEN with that money I will buy a new computer - 4th gen unlocked i7 or i5 or maybe even 5th gen (if it is out then and its a good enough upgrade), gtx 780 or 880 (again same reasons), etc and also by then hopefully I will be doing some video editing and it might be worth the upgrade to an i7. Again this is my plan and I know it is an odd plan but it is better than what I had a couple of weeks ago (save up $2500 on something I didn't need but I'm to stubborn to realise that I didn't need it) and so I will get a better pc sooner and also have my dream pc in 6 months - a year. So that is what I plan to do and if you have any recommendations on a better mobo or ram or anything else please let me know.

Thank you