EA Hacked (Not ransomware)

G_K
32 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

Hopefully not DRM attacks or using anti-cheat, as they can monitor your system in ways that can be exploited or abused.

But I guess that can be harder to deal with.

This is why I always ask for bots, even if they might not have the best AI solutions for this or map designs for bots. (option for MP and "SP")

I really wish there could come a bot solution that could help more games and be less demanding, too strong of an AI and use most of your performance on 10-100 complex AI units.

The issues in Titanfall 2 was the hacker could pull a user's information that was running on a VPN from the internal server cloud. Someone has full access to EA's backend. If that's happen for a harassment campaign, it means there's glaring openings for all other sorts of infiltration in the network.

17 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

The issues in Titanfall 2 was the hacker could pull a user's information that was running on a VPN from the internal server cloud. Someone has full access to EA's backend. If that's happen for a harassment campaign, it means there's glaring openings for all other sorts of infiltration in the network.

I mean, a VPN wouldn't do much here though?

Also what user information, EA, account, or system info etc.

Hey hackers, can you make an updated version of NHL games on PC? Thanks!

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

3 minutes ago, Cvet76 said:

There will be bots in the new BF games, and I guess some people will enjoy playing this way. But if I'm going to buy a Multiplayer game, I completely expect to play with non-cheating people from across the internet. Otherwise I'll just play story driven single player games.

Sure, but at least bots can help with low player counts or when hacking or the servers gets put offline.

A bit like bots in BF2 did somewhat help. While in newer games they either is not "made for the game" or not getting the love they would need, to make it a playable experience.

@Uknown0002

https://www.techspot.com/news/90032-hackers-broke-ea-network-using-stolen-cookies-social.html

Facepalm: The hackers responsible for the recent data breach involving Electronic Arts have divulged how they did the deed. A representative for the hacking group told Motherboard they got the ball rolling by purchasing stolen cookies online for just $10. Ouch.

From there, the hackers were able to use the cookies to gain access to a Slack channel used by EA employees.

Once on Slack, one of the hackers messaged an EA IT support member and explained that they had lost their phone at a party the night before. They were successful in getting a multifactor authentication token that gave them access to EA’s corporate network (this apparently worked twice, the rep said).

With access to EA’s network, the hackers located a service for developers compiling games that they were able to log into. Creating a virtual machine reportedly gave them even more visibility on the network, allowing them to access another service and download game source code.

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD