3080 ti EVGA FTW3 PSU help?

Gavthelad

So I have my GPU coming tomorrow and I have just put in my Corsair 850 watt gold PSU, and was checking to see if I have the right pin connectors, sense I am seeing a lot online that they recommend 3 separate 8 pin connectors, and my PSU has only these 8 pins pigtail splitting into 2 6+2 connectors, now I do still have a 8 pin left over from my old Corsair PSU, can I use a 2 6+2 connector and the 8 pin regular, or do I need to order different cables? And if so which?

thanks in advanced, my knowledge around PSU is very limited so I apologize if this was a little hard to understand!     

For power supplies you use the PCIe cables which will be the 6+2 ones.

You should use at least two separate cables that come from the power supply. As shown in the image on the right.

images.png.9e59d070e27037fe7db664e9463bf6c5.png

Or you could use 3 separate cables and plug in only one connector on the end of each cable, though using two cables should be fine.

Whichever 850w Corsair PSU you have it should come with at least two separate cables for PCIe.

20 minutes ago, Gavthelad said:

now I do still have a 8 pin left over from my old Corsair PSU

Before using cables from different power supplies check they're compatible. For Corsair PSUs Chen the cable compatibility chart on their website.

https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/psu-cable-compatibility

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

3 minutes ago, Spotty said:

For power supplies you use the PCIe cables which will be the 6+2 ones.

You should use at least two separate cables that come from the power supply. As shown in the image on the right.

images.png.9e59d070e27037fe7db664e9463bf6c5.png

Or you could use 3 separate cables and plug in only one connector on the end of each cable, though using two cables should be fine.

Whichever 850w Corsair PSU you have it should come with at least two separate cables for PCIe.

Before using cables from different power supplies check they're compatible. For Corsair PSUs Chen the cable compatibility chart on their website.

https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/psu-cable-compatibility

Ok thanks I just curious, I was hoping to avoid having a cord dangling, but realized I can just zip tie it. Last super stupid question I am 99.9% sure since everything else works this way, I can totally hookup those cords to my PSU and thread them into the case so I don’t have to hook them up tomorrow right? 

thanks again!

1 minute ago, Gavthelad said:

I can totally hookup those cords to my PSU and thread them into the case so I don’t have to hook them up tomorrow right? 

Yeah, that's fine.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Yeah, that's fine.

Thanks brother, I pretty much knew, just needed that to calm my nerves if nothing else. Thanks for all the help!