online shopping for parts

xwrench3

so my main computer has for some reason suffered a motherboard failure. and its just at the age that its to good to junk, but not new enough that parts are everywhere. the cpu is an intel i5 6500. i have found a few boards that i am interested in. and of course the one i like the best, the seller wants a ridiculous $60.00 to ship it. at this point, i only know of 2 retailers that carry a variety of parts. Newegg, and Tiger Direct. so i am interested in finding some new suppliers. where do you shop for parts? and does anyone know if you can purchase products direct from ASUS?

Just get the used one at ebay.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

after a browser search you cab use the 'shopping' button. t often list new different shops to just those on ebay and amazon. or sometimes a search will bring up local traders in the 'all' section

Lower your standards. Like you said, the CPU is old enough that there isn't that much to choose from. You will have choices to make. Save with costs, or get something you want. Can't have both when you are looking at 5yo parts. But on the other hand, you also have two generations worth of boards to look at, and since you have locked CPU, you don't even need Z-series board to go with it.

I have had to make emergency buy with used hardware, but lucky for me, that was only 2 years after my CPU/mobo came to markets so there was good deals for quick buy.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv