What motherboard should I use for 4 fan case

Go to solution Solved by SorryBella,
4 minutes ago, Dido489 said:

I look for motherboard all have only one 4 pin system fan connector. What should I do

Get a good used B350 board (or new B450 board but imo the value proposition isnt there for ryzen 1st gen) and buy a fan hub that supports the RGB protocol (asus aurasync, Gigabyte RGB fusion, etc) of your RGB fans.

So I will buy a 4 rgb fan case, but when I look for motherboard all have only one 4 pin system fan connector. What should I do

The cpu I will use in this build is r5 1600 af

4 minutes ago, Dido489 said:

I look for motherboard all have only one 4 pin system fan connector. What should I do

Get a good used B350 board (or new B450 board but imo the value proposition isnt there for ryzen 1st gen) and buy a fan hub that supports the RGB protocol (asus aurasync, Gigabyte RGB fusion, etc) of your RGB fans.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

You're doing it in the wrong order.

Buy the motherboard for its technical specifications and capabilities, not for the BLING ... most motherboard have at least 2 or 3 fan headers. but they're not RGB.

SOME motherboards have separate RGB headers, and you could connect the fans there... but the presence of this rgb header/connector should be SECONDARY to anything else. You can always buy a separate fan controller for a few dollars to make the RGB on the fans work and depending on case, the case itself may come with the fan controller on it.

1600 AF is Ryzen 2nd generation, just like 2xxx processors, so B450 motherboards should work. A320 chipset motherboards should also support it just fine, though these are typically more budget boards which don't have RGB headers.

If you think you may upgrade to a much better processor in the future, try to go for a B450 chipset motherboard, and pick one that at least has heatsinks on the VRM (the chips between the cpu socket and the connectors that would be on the back of the case)