please help me! I am a Chinese player

Go to solution Solved by Mark Kaine,

I honestly thought stuff was cheaper in asia, remember it used to be last year on aliexpress at least.

Also this isnt Nvidias fault at all, they're selling record numbers and cant produce more due to chip shortage anyway. Also pretty sure they didnt invent mining…

Out of curiosity, how much is the Yeston RTX 3070 Sakura over there? Couldnt find it on aliexpress .

2 hours ago, LpoolTech said:

What you need to understand is that chip shortage is the biggest problem nvidia and amd can't increase production so the problem of miners and scalpers buying most of the available stock just makes it more difficult to buy these cards. Linus (and others) already discussed this on WAN show

Not sure if language barrier is an issue here but its difficult to understand your post. 

hes basically complaining about scalping prices, much like anyone else (from my understanding)

Hey, hello Linus. I am a Chinese player, and I often watch your videos at bilibili. The videos I like give me an understanding of my PC installation videos and the status quo of the PC industry. In September 2020, nvidia announced the 30 series graphics card. I am naturally very happy. I am also going to buy a 3060ti. Unfortunately, due to time, I only bought the 2070super graphics card. However, in China in December, the frenzied increase in graphics cards has already begun, and now a single 3060 graphics card has reached 6500 CNY, which is about US$1,000. Although I don't know how many players in Europe and America have bought 30 series graphics cards. But you also published a video on nvidia graphics cards before to criticize the problem of players buying graphics cards. The nvidia official also said that most of the 30 series graphics cards have been guaranteed to be in the hands of players (laughing, 90% of China cannot afford graphics cards) I am worried about whether players can successfully buy their own graphics cards this year, and I will start I took my 2070super to the original price of 3070ti, can I have an answer to the player's purchase of a graphics card at the original price. I hope you can see this post and make a reply.

6 minutes ago, wuchen said:

Hey, hello Linus. I am a Chinese player, and I often watch your videos at bilibili. The videos I like give me an understanding of my PC installation videos and the status quo of the PC industry. In September 2020, nvidia announced the 30 series graphics card. I am naturally very happy. I am also going to buy a 3060ti. Unfortunately, due to time, I only bought the 2070super graphics card. However, in China in December, the frenzied increase in graphics cards has already begun, and now a single 3060 graphics card has reached 6500 CNY, which is about US$1,000. Although I don't know how many players in Europe and America have bought 30 series graphics cards. But you also published a video on nvidia graphics cards before to criticize the problem of players buying graphics cards. The nvidia official also said that most of the 30 series graphics cards have been guaranteed to be in the hands of players (laughing, 90% of China cannot afford graphics cards) I am worried about whether players can successfully buy their own graphics cards this year, and I will start I took my 2070super to the original price of 3070ti, can I have an answer to the player's purchase of a graphics card at the original price. I hope you can see this post and make a reply.

Not sure if I quite understand your question. Also I'm still using a 550Ti and I haven't been able to upgrade. Stock is basically non-existent here either. And even if there is stock, you're going to pay a princely sum over original MSRP. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

4 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

不确定我是否完全理解你的问题。此外,我仍在使用 550Ti 并且无法升级。股票在这里也基本上不存在。即使有库存,您也将支付高于原始建议零售价的高昂费用。 

I know a Gigabyte agent who told me that many graphics cards have been bought by virtual currency miners. In many respects, aic vendors and virtual currency owners jointly speculate prices. But are you aware of this very serious problem?

10 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

不确定我是否完全理解你的问题。此外,我仍在使用 550Ti 并且无法升级。股票在这里也基本上不存在。即使有库存,您也将支付高于原始建议零售价的高昂费用。 

In fact, when the 30 series was released, many players could buy graphics cards at the original price, not because of Samsung’s unilateral chip production bill. Moreover, nvidia deliberately cooperated with aic manufacturers to sell game cards to virtual currency mining users to purchase. I very much doubt that nvidia is unilaterally maliciously monopolizing the market. Because AMD’s rx6000 series graphics cards have not risen much more than nvidia even because of the price increase of virtual coins, and it is also Samsung’s 8nm process.

What you need to understand is that chip shortage is the biggest problem nvidia and amd can't increase production so the problem of miners and scalpers buying most of the available stock just makes it more difficult to buy these cards. Linus (and others) already discussed this on WAN show

Not sure if language barrier is an issue here but its difficult to understand your post. 

I honestly thought stuff was cheaper in asia, remember it used to be last year on aliexpress at least.

Also this isnt Nvidias fault at all, they're selling record numbers and cant produce more due to chip shortage anyway. Also pretty sure they didnt invent mining…

Out of curiosity, how much is the Yeston RTX 3070 Sakura over there? Couldnt find it on aliexpress .

2 hours ago, LpoolTech said:

hes basically complaining about scalping prices, much like anyone else (from my understanding)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

3 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

老实说,我认为亚洲的东西更便宜,记得至少去年在 aliexpress 上是这样。

此外,这根本不是 Nvidia 的错,他们销售的数量创下历史新高,无论如何由于芯片短缺而无法生产更多。也很确定他们没有发明采矿......

出于好奇,那边盈通RTX 3070 Sakura多少钱?在 aliexpress 上找不到。

他基本上是在抱怨剥头皮价格,就像其他人一样(据我所知)

Can't buy it, just check the jd website. It has been downloaded. In fact, nvidia is deliberately suppressing amd's market in China. He warned many aic manufacturers not to cooperate with amd, otherwise they will not be able to get the chip. Therefore, even the first-tier manufacturers such as Asus and MSI are afraid to sell AMD’s graphics cards in China, but this card does exist, you can go to the second-hand trading website under Alibaba to check it out. I will send you a link to download the app yourself and see

https://2.taobao.com/

In addition, let me say that I know that rtx30 series graphics cards are really popular, but 90% of the graphics cards are controlled by 10% of the people (this is the case in China. Many players buy rtx30 series graphics cards but cannot buy the original price cards, even if they are Premium cards are also rarely available)

9 minutes ago, wuchen said:

买不到,去京东官网看看。它已被下载。事实上,英伟达是在刻意打压AMD在中国的市场。他告诫很多aic厂商不要和amd合作,否则拿不到芯片。所以,即使是华硕、微星等一线大厂也不敢在国内卖AMD的显卡,不过这种显卡确实存在,大家可以去阿里巴巴旗下的二手交易网站查一下。我会给你一个链接,让你自己下载应用程序,看看

Mainly these 10% of users mostly purchase virtual currencies such as btc and eth. The local graphics card sales agent also directly monopolized the market with virtual currency mining users. And nvidia had the ability to teach aic manufacturers to punish industry monopoly, and what nvidia did made me very chilling. nvidia indulges the issue of aic manufacturers' speculation on graphics cards, while on the other hand supports virtual currency issuance. The previous announcement of the rtx3060 mining cracking driver directly made me feel disgusting. Don't you think that nvidia is deliberately releasing the cracking driver? On the surface to protect the interests of players, in fact, how to make money secretly with the virtual currency merchants is really hateful

4 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Well, you don’t need to buy it. Yeston RTX 3070 Sakura is a limited edition. But you can buy Yeston’s Rx6000 series sakura