NVME Loading times yes or no?

Go to solution Solved by ramava,
Just now, Pandora1 said:

ik lol im not going to boot off of a HDD im going to boot off a Western Digital Sata drive.

That's a lot less noticeable then.

As for how, when you install Windows, it will let you pick which drive to use. And in the BIOS, there's an option to change the drive boot order. Just make sure the SATA SSD is the first one and windows will handle the rest when it installs.

Yes or no?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Can you Yes or no?

• Yes, it will work
    • No, it wont work
    • No, its not like that. (comment why please)
    • No, have it for booting.

I have a question does anyone know if you can have your NVME drive for when you load into a game?

And have like a Hard Drive or a Sata drive for turning on your PC and everything else other than games?

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

Nvme drives work like any other drive. You can use then for whatever you want.

oh ok thx and do you know how to set that up because there is like no YT video on how to have it for loading times.

1 minute ago, Pandora1 said:

oh ok thx and do you know how to set that up because there is like no YT video on how to have it for loading times.

What do you mean by heave it for loading times? The loading time of the game depends on what drive its installed on.

You absolutely can. But I wouldn't. I use it for both because 15 second boot times are much better. Booting off a HDD is so much slower. If you haven't used it that way before. I suggest at least trying installing Windows to the nvme first so you can see just how much more responsive it makes your computer feel too.

1 minute ago, ramava said:

You absolutely can. But I wouldn't. I use it for both because 15 second boot times are much better. Booting off a HDD is so much slower. If you haven't used it that way before. I suggest at least trying installing Windows to the nvme first so you can see just how much more responsive it makes your computer feel too.

ik lol im not going to boot off of a HDD im going to boot off a Western Digital Sata drive.

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

What do you mean by heave it for loading times? The loading time of the game depends on what drive its installed on.

yea like from the wallpaper to the homepage or Lobby like in warzone. I can send you a yt video on it.

1 minute ago, Pandora1 said:

Id boot from a nvme drive, normally make your fastest drive you boot drive, it will matter much more than game load times.

But why not go nvme for all drives? With prices being about the same no reason not to.

Is this for a new build?

Just now, Pandora1 said:

That's a lot less noticeable then.

As for how, when you install Windows, it will let you pick which drive to use. And in the BIOS, there's an option to change the drive boot order. Just make sure the SATA SSD is the first one and windows will handle the rest when it installs.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Id boot from a nvme drive, normally make your fastest drive you boot drive, it will matter much more than game load times.

But why not go nvme for all drives? With prices being about the same no reason not to.

Is this for a new build?

yes and I may do you know if there is a Nvme Teir list?

Just now, Pandora1 said:

yes and I may do you know if there is a Nvme Teir list?

I normlly avoid tier lists, and look at reivews for indivual drives instead.

But for gaming, get a low end to mid range drive, no reason to get a high end nvme drive here.

Id probably get a drive like a sn550 or 660p here.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

But for gaming, get a low end to mid range drive, no reason to get a high end nvme drive here.

alright. thanks

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

I love my SN550. I think it may still be one of the best drives for budget vs performance. There are faster drives, but I don't think I'd notice the difference at that point with anything I do.

3 minutes ago, ramava said:

I love my SN550. I think it may still be one of the best drives for budget vs performance. There are faster drives, but I don't think I'd notice the difference at that point with anything I do.

do you have the link to it?

6 minutes ago, Pandora1 said:

do you have the link to it?

Extremely Basic literally 3.5 Seccond Google Search ---> https://shop.westerndigital.com/products/internal-drives/wd-blue-sn550-nvme-ssd#WDS250G2B0C

i Personally Use a Samsung 970 EVO 1TB And Im Very Happy With It

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!