How to open a game more than once, and sync them to the same instance

I don't know how to explain this well, but for example let's take ONI (Oxygen not included), you manage a colony of duplicants, who are very dumb and get their self stuck alot, so let's say I have enough screen space, can I open the game more than once, link it all together, and have one on the main game, and a seperate window to follow cam each dupe, which helps in mangement and gives each a buff? Can this also apply to other application? I know this is very janky, and I might post this to the video idea thread as well, so is it possible:

8 minutes ago, Ankh Tech said:

How to open a game more than once

generally what you are talking about is 

MULTIBOXING

i remember it was done a lot in D3, can't quite remember how.

but given you now know what it's called, maybe you'll find what you are searching for

My Rig / Buildlogs:  ❄️ SNOWFLAKE ❄️ FROSTBITE ❄️

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600   Cooler: Corsair H115i Platinum   RAM: Corsair Vengence RGB Pro 16GB @3200   Mobo: Asus Prime X470 Pro

Graphics Card: Gigabyte Aorus 2080super Waterforce    Case: Corsair 500D   PSU: Corsair HX850i

Storage: 500GB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD, 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD, 2x 1TB SATA SSD

Displays: AOC CQ32G1 32" 2560x1440, Acer XB280HK 28.0" 3840x2160 60 Hz, Medion MD20850 24" 2560x1440

1 minute ago, LauriHimself said:

generally what you are talking about is 

MULTIBOXING

i remember it was done a lot in D3, can't quite remember how.

but given you now know what it's called, maybe you'll find what you are searching for

I researched and it seems to be for mmos with multiple charatcers, I mean like one game, one save, just different povs and all synced together, though that's a start

1 minute ago, Ankh Tech said:

I mean like one game, one save, just different povs

aaaah, sorry i completely missed your point

as for synching, i have no idea if and how that would work, but:

for opening multiple instances, you can create a taskbar shortcut, open the app once, then HOLD SHIFT and click it again.

if the game supports multiple instances, it will launch a new one.

then there has to exist some sort of software multiboxers use to enter one input into multiple, same, programs...

My Rig / Buildlogs:  ❄️ SNOWFLAKE ❄️ FROSTBITE ❄️

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600   Cooler: Corsair H115i Platinum   RAM: Corsair Vengence RGB Pro 16GB @3200   Mobo: Asus Prime X470 Pro

Graphics Card: Gigabyte Aorus 2080super Waterforce    Case: Corsair 500D   PSU: Corsair HX850i

Storage: 500GB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD, 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD, 2x 1TB SATA SSD

Displays: AOC CQ32G1 32" 2560x1440, Acer XB280HK 28.0" 3840x2160 60 Hz, Medion MD20850 24" 2560x1440

Just now, LauriHimself said:

aaaah, sorry i completely missed your point

as for synching, i have no idea if and how that would work, but:

for opening multiple instances, you can create a taskbar shortcut, open the app once, then HOLD SHIFT and click it again.

if the game supports multiple instances, it will launch a new one.

then there has to exist some sort of software multiboxers use to enter one input into multiple, same, programs...

yeah, thanks, I'll look more into it, but I' hoping @LinusTechdoes a video about it

13 hours ago, Ankh Tech said:

yeah, thanks, I'll look more into it, but I' hoping @LinusTechdoes a video about it

Too obscure need for such. Besides, the more common things would be to SSH into server or use VMs. But if you want to suggest videos, do it here:

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv