ASUS MOBO lights up VGA Q-LED light if CSM disabled

Hello,

Recently I have built my first gaming PC, and I have an ASUS TUF Gaming B550-Plus (WIFI) motherboard and an EVGA RTX 3060 XC GPU. I have an issue that whenever I shut down my PC and don’t use it for a few minutes, when I’m powering it on, the motherboard does not send any image to the monitor and the motherboard’s VGA LED lights up, and I need to shut down again the PC, power off the PSU, wait until the MOBO’s RGB LEDs goes off, and then start again the PC, so the monitor can receive any signal. Rebooting the PC does not have this issue (if previously I had signal on the monitor). I also have tried enabling ReSize BAR so I could get a bit of more performance on some games, such as Forza Horizon 4, although this not affect (in a positive nor negative way) to the main issue.

During this week, I have done some testings, and I have tried to downgrade my MOBO’s BIOS version from 2006 (the latest stable version) to 2003 and 1804 (this is the first stable version to support ReSize BAR, as this is a feature I’d like to experience) to check if the issue was a bugged BIOS firmware, all without any result. However, I have noticed that before shutting down the PC, I had disabled CSM on the UEFI, and after doing the above procedure to get signal on my monitor, the CSM option would automatically enable. This happens on all of those 3 versions of BIOS. However, if I try to power on my computer with CSM enabled, it still suffers from that issue, having to power off the PC and PSU and powering them on again.

I have researched on the Internet, and I’ve found mixed solutions (that do not work for me): people that have got fixed the issue by downgrading its BIOS, people that by taking the GPU off the MOBO, power the PC on, power it off and connecting the GPU again fixed the issue, disabling CSM, clearing CMOS and loading BIOS defaults… All tried without success (tried on all 3 versions of BIOS).

So, what is causing the MOBO to not send any signal to the monitor?

My specs are:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (No OC)
CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Stealth (Stock)
GPU: EVGA RTX 3060 XC (No OC)
RAM: HyperX Fury 3200 MHz CL16 2*8 GB
MOBO: ASUS TUF Gaming B550-Plus WIFI
Case: Nfortec Caelum Black
Monitor: ViewSonic VX2458-P-MHD Full HD 1080p 144 Hz 1ms FreeSync
Keyboard: Corsair K55 PRO RGB
Mouse: Razer Mamba Tournament Edition

EDIT1: added that rebooting the computer doesn’t have the issue.
EDIT2: clarified the main issue.

Edited by noeXzTi_
Clarified the main issue.

Your GPU's support for Resizable bar is either none, limited, or in beta testing right now. You need to clear the CMOS and keep it disabled it to get to working again. 

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+120 core, +320 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 1TB Team MP33, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Gold. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600, Crucial MX500

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)

You'll either have to disable rBAR or do a VBios update.

image.png.748e145e077f21ec0676aa47dd5f52f7.png

https://www.evga.com/articles/01478/geforce-rtx-30-series-gpu-resizable-bar/

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

18 minutes ago, Nathanpete said:

Your GPU's support for Resizable bar is either none, limited, or in beta testing right now. You need to clear the CMOS and keep it disabled it to get to working again. 

EVGA’s website states that all of its RTX 3000 series graphics card should support Resizable BAR. Also, if I open EVGA Precision X1 or NVIDIA Control Panel when I have Resize BAR enabled on MOBO with CSM disabled (which is a requisite to use Resizable BAR), these applications indicate that ReSize BAR is indeed enabled.

Note that if I reboot the PC, I still receive image on my monitor. Only when I shut down the computer the issue is there.

1 minute ago, noeXzTi_ said:

EVGA’s website states that all of its RTX 3000 series graphics card should support Resizable BAR. Also, if I open EVGA Precision X1 or NVIDIA Control Panel when I have Resize BAR enabled on MOBO with CSM disabled (which is a requisite to use Resizable BAR), these applications indicate that ReSize BAR is indeed enabled.

Note that if I reboot the PC, I still receive image on my monitor. Only when I shut down the computer the issue is there.

Well Nvidia's implementation of resizale bar has a performance improvement of like negative 2% to positive 2%. If you are going through all this headache to enable a stupid little feature that barely works, well then I would call you stupid. You could get more than 2% FPS improvement in games like FH4 (which I play a lot), by OC-ing your card. And if you already have done that, drop a setting or two in FH4 and other games. Something like grass or water reflections. 

And also, GPU-Z claims by GPU has support for Resizable Bar when it very much does not. So sometimes these programs lie. 

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+120 core, +320 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 1TB Team MP33, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Gold. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600, Crucial MX500

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)

19 minutes ago, noeXzTi_ said:

Did you update vbios? EVGA's site also states that you have to do that. The only reason I'm asking is that the only mentions of BIOS I see in the OP are about your motherboard bios.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

6 minutes ago, Nathanpete said:

Well Nvidia's implementation of resizale bar has a performance improvement of like negative 2% to positive 2%. If you are going through all this headache to enable a stupid little feature that barely works, well then I would call you stupid. You could get more than 2% FPS improvement in games like FH4 (which I play a lot), by OC-ing your card. And if you already have done that, drop a setting or two in FH4 and other games. Something like grass or water reflections. 

And also, GPU-Z claims by GPU has support for Resizable Bar when it very much does not. So sometimes these programs lie. 

This issue isn’t related 100% to ReSize BAR (although this is a feature that I’d like to have, I’m those type of person that like to experience new features), now that I have re-read my original post I might have wrote it in a confusing way (and in the end I have deviated from the topic that I was initially writing), sorry for that.

The main issue is that the when I power on the PC, sometimes the MOBO seems like to not detect the GPU, and does not send any signal to the monitor. I have tried reseating the GPU, checked the PCIe slot and the GPU if they were dirty, the PCIe cable from the PSU, all without fixing the issue. I have noticed that when it does not show any image and I need to power off the PC and PSU and then power them on again, the MOBO changes the CSM setting from Disabled (default value) to Enabled (this with ReSize BAR disabled), although when I try to power on the PC when it’s shut down with CSM enabled it still doesn’t send any signal to my monitor, and I need to do again the steps above to get any signal on the monitor.

I have also tried changing DisplayPort cable, HDMI cable, without any answer to my problem.