Buying 2 single 16 GB RAM sticks vs buying a 2x16 GB RAM Kit

Go to solution Solved by Eighjan,
1 minute ago, Araleiya said:

Even if they're from the same manufacturer with the same part number?

Yes.  A matched pair are sold that way on purpose.

Problems are rare, but if you 'need' the machine urgently, can you take the chance?

Hi, I've just ordered 2 sticks of 3600 MHz, 16 GB RAM for my first ever desktop but I was told that there might be an issue with buying RAM separately and not from a RAM Kit.
Is this true? I've never built a PC before so I start to get paranoid when I'm told these things. I purchased them separately because it was cheaper but if they won't work together I'll need to cancel the order as soon as possible.

The RAM I bought was two Crucial Ballistix Black DDR4 3600MHz 16GB (BL16G36C16U4B)

Sorry for any grammatical errors in this post, my first language isn't English.

Capture.PNG

3 minutes ago, Araleiya said:

Hi, I've just ordered 2 sticks of 3600 MHz, 16 GB RAM for my first ever desktop but I was told that there might be an issue with buying RAM separately and not from a RAM Kit.
Is this true? I've never built a PC before so I start to get paranoid when I'm told these things. I purchased them separately because it was cheaper but if they won't work together I'll need to cancel the order as soon as possible.

The RAM I bought was two Crucial Ballistix Black DDR4 3600MHz 16GB (BL16G36C16U4B)

Sorry for any grammatical errors in this post, my first language isn't English.

A matched pair will more reliably "play nice" together; two singles bought from the same retailer in the same cart are less likely to share that luxury.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

There can be some issues, but most probably they should work. I bought 2 8GB sticks from Crucial separately and they work fine together in dual channel. Should not be a problem. 

1 minute ago, Eighjan said:

A matched pair will more reliably "play nice" together; two singles bought from the same retailer in the same cart do not share that luxury.

Problems are rare, but if you 'need' the machine urgently, can you take the chance?

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

WHY NOT...?!

3 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

I guess I'll have to spend a bit more then, its not too big of a difference, I just thought I could save a bit of money doing it this way.. 😥

thank you for your help btw.

Just now, Araleiya said:

I guess I'll have to spend a bit more then, its not too big of a difference, I just thought I could save a bit of money doing it this way.. 😥

A kit of two 16GB shouldn't be more expensive than two singles... if they are, time to shop around.

WHY NOT...?!

2 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

A kit of two 16GB shouldn't be more expensive than two singles... if they are, time to shop around.

I tried looking around but I couldn't find anything. the ones sold separately came to 1420,- dkk and the kit was 1568,- dkk.

I even tried an online price checker but I couldn't find them any cheaper without ordering internationally, which I'd prefer not to.

I tried looking around but I couldn't find anything. the ones sold separately came to 1420,- dkk and the kit was 1568,- dkk.

I even tried an online price checker but I couldn't find them any cheaper without ordering internationally, which I'd prefer not to.

Ohh; that's a shame... good luck.

WHY NOT...?!